Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wuchak Crossovers in M22 vs M3? - 12/27/09 08:12 AM
In one of the reviews of the M3 they mentioned that there was no crossover, the main driver was engineered to seamlessly blend with the tweeter. I think think this lack of a crossover might be part of the M3 magic. Is there a cross over in the M22 or is that also made with no crossover?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Crossovers in M22 vs M3? - 12/27/09 08:54 AM
Wuchak, welcome. Yes, the M22 has a full crossover, with the Axiom spec showing it at 3500Hz. The M3 has a high pass filter(although Axiom terms it a "crossover")on the tweeter at 2200Hz according to the spec and the mid-woofer just rolls off on the high end without assistance(unless the design has been changed recently, in view of the "crossover" terminology).

Regardless of specific design parameters, I can assure you after seven years of ownership that the M22s have "magic" in abundance.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Crossovers in M22 vs M3? - 12/27/09 04:22 PM
Never heard the M3s, but I love my upstairs M22's. \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Crossovers in M22 vs M3? - 12/27/09 05:40 PM
Yup, Ian designed the M3's to use that 6.5" driver to it's full potential and just let it roll off the highs, an elegant design when you think about it. As JohnK pointed out the M22 does have a crossover, I have even swapped them out for some after market ones but I liked the OEM sound better.
Posted By: Wuchak Re: Crossovers in M22 vs M3? - 12/28/09 11:44 PM
Thank-you!
© Axiom Message Boards