Axiom Home Page
Hey Axiom peoples.
New guy here. My name is Tony.
I'm patiently waiting on a pair of high gloss burled walnut M60s being built by Axiom as we speak.
I'm stepping up from a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 50s that timbre matched my Polk Audio CS10 pretty well(with a little EQ tweaking.
Do any of you have any experience with this combo(M60/CS10)?
I'm a little concerned that the large M60s will overpower the CS10.
Welcome to the forum, Tony!

This concern is precisely why receivers and pre-amps allow you to calibrate your speakers (automatically or manually). You can compensate for inherent loudness differences of your speakers by either cutting back or boosting the levels sent to them. Your new M60s will only be able to overpower your center channel if they are poorly calibrated.

What are your speakers connected to?
Is this the REAL Tony?
I'm not sure I follow CV. Do we know each other? I am from the Coeur D' Alene area so not to far from you.
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Welcome to the forum, Tony!

This concern is precisely why receivers and pre-amps allow you to calibrate your speakers (automatically or manually). You can compensate for inherent loudness differences of your speakers by either cutting back or boosting the levels sent to them. Your new M60s will only be able to overpower your center channel if they are poorly calibrated.

What are your speakers connected to?

I run a Yamaha RX-V665 and an Emotiva UPA-5 amp. I do calibrate with an SPL meter. I'm having some issues with YPAO at the moment.
 Originally Posted By: TonyMc
I'm not sure I follow CV.

Charles is making an inside joke based upon these posts yesterday...

Ha-Ha. Charles make joke...get no laugh....
Ha ha, me getting no laughs is ALWAYS funny.
The bigger question is whether or not the cs10 will match the M60s with respect to timbre. I suspect it won't, but it might not be bad enough to warrant purchasing another center.
Welcome Tony. Those M60s are going to be stunning!!

Since you already ordered, relax, and see how they sound when set up. I expect you will have a little timbre mismatch. A matching bulred walnut center will look much better anyway. ;\)
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
The bigger question is whether or not the cs10 will match the M60s with respect to timbre. I suspect it won't, but it might not be bad enough to warrant purchasing another center.

Originally Posted By: fredk
Welcome Tony. Those M60s are going to be stunning!!

Since you already ordered, relax, and see how they sound when set up. I expect you will have a little timbre mismatch. A matching bulred walnut center will look much better anyway. ;\)

So what you're saying is a VP150 is in order?
I agree with Jay, try them with your Polk centre first and see how they match up, maybe they'll integrate ok.
Well, only because its absolutely necessary...
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Well, only because its absolutely necessary...

That's kinda what I was thinking. ;\)
© Axiom Message Boards