Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kruncher Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 08:45 PM
Suddenly last weekend my 2/3 year old previously problem-free little bedroom 26" Sharp TV started having an audio problem: no audio. Thinking that it might be an HDMI issue with the HD box, I disconnected/reconnected a couple of times over the weekend which appeared to resolve it. In reality, I think it was just the power cycling that did it.

But when it happened again last night, I noticed that the "info" for the signal display "SAP" in red. But no matter what I did cycling through the options with the Audio remote button, nothing worked. I couldn't get the SAP off or any volume at all. There's no master menu "speakers off" setting.

The only links that Google returned involved a "hard reset", unplugging the set for at least four hours, so I did that last night but couldn't check it out yet today.

Anyone ever run into this? Is the set headed for a repair shop? As much as I'd love to setup a small 5.1 system up there, the WAF will undoubtedly reject that outright, so it's TV sound or no sound. cry
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 09:15 PM
In case it's an HDMI issue, can you hook it up via some analog cables.... component perhaps?
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 09:19 PM
Great minds think alike, though I forgot to include in my post that I did try both the DVD player (component+RCA audio), and the RF cable straight from the wall, eliminating the HD box altogether.

No joy. frown
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 09:20 PM
What do you mean "No Joy"?

I was just told I had a great mind!
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 09:23 PM
A great mind, but alas, still a square room too.

::back down to Earth::

wink grin
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 09:32 PM
grin
Posted By: Micah Re: Sharp LCD Sound/SAP Audio trouble - 06/29/10 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Kruncher
Suddenly last weekend my 2/3 year old previously problem-free little bedroom 26" Sharp TV started having an audio problem...

... you have a 213 year old tv in your bedroom? shocked
© Axiom Message Boards