Axiom Home Page
Posted By: asb148 What size spade..... - 06/24/03 01:13 AM
I just got a chance to listen to some M80's last weekend. They sounded very nice. I measured the binding posts while I was there with a digital caliber and they came out to be 9mm. This is a standard size. Can anyone else confirm this for me. I just want to make absolutely sure all Axiom's posts are this size before I terminate my very labor intenisive home made speaker cables. Thanks. I am getting M60's, QS8's and VP150, so measurements of these posts would be most helpful.

-Adam
Posted By: alan Re: What size spade..... - 06/24/03 01:28 PM
Hello Adam,

I'm impressed with the digital caliper. My sample spade lug (Tributaries SL-8) that fits the M80s (glad you liked them), M22ti's, VP100, VP150, etc.has an inside diameter of 9.6 mm (3/8 in.) and an outside diameter of 13 mm (1/2 in.).

Regards,
Posted By: Semi_On Re: What size spade..... - 06/24/03 05:00 PM
A very good idea, asb. I didn't do this and only realized after spending an hour or two building my cables that they didn't fit the posts...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: What size spade..... - 06/24/03 06:58 PM
at first i thought my spades didnt fit the posts, until i lifted up the ring thing and voila! there they fit beautifully.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: What size spade..... - 06/24/03 07:46 PM
Suuuure. NOW you tell me.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: What size spade..... - 06/27/03 04:04 AM
what. did you cut off the spades and think. ring? what ring and then go lift it up and ur spades fit on there? lol
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What size spade..... - 06/27/03 04:08 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you do the Cat5 ones? Those look like a real pain...
© Axiom Message Boards