Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid Noise when dvd is first put on. - 08/18/10 12:04 AM

Don't really know how to explain it other than when a dvd or cd is put on it almost sounds like a needle being set down on a turntable. I've changed out the HDMI cables, used an optical cable and the same thing happens. Sometimes it's louder than others but it only happens in the beginning of a disc.

I doubt it's hurting any thing but it annoys the hell out of me. This never happened till I put the Onkyo 707 in to the mix.
Posted By: Wid Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. - 08/18/10 01:08 AM

It seems if I run my amp directly to the wall instead of through the Belkin PureAV the front speakers quit making the noise.
Posted By: Pitbull24 Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. - 08/18/10 01:10 AM
Rick,

I get a weird noise at the beginning of Blu-Rays, DVD's, and CD's when using our "upstairs" system. It happens only while the OSD is showing activities, not sure if it's the sony blu-ray, or sony avr. It's seems like while the BR player is thinking the avr wants to play a countdown of "click, kind of noises" ????
Posted By: Wid Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. - 08/18/10 01:16 AM
I only seem to get it in the front R/L speakers that are ran by a Rotel amp that was plugged into a Belkin Power center. I plugged it directly to the wall and it stopped. I put in a call to Belkin and a tech person is suppose to call back. This never happened with the Monster power unit I had.

Unfortunately the person I talked to tonight knew nothing about the PureAV unit in question.
Posted By: Wid Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. - 08/18/10 01:20 AM

I think I have two different issues. One as I first stated and it is intermittent and the later with the power center.
© Axiom Message Boards