Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tony M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 12:21 PM
Hello,
Does anyone have experience or has anyone installed M22 L/C/R On Wall speakers using the 'Full Metal'brackets? I was thinking that these would work to help 'toe in' the speakers as needed.

Thx,
Tony
Posted By: pmbuko Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 12:55 PM
I used to have my M22s mounted on the wall with Full Metal Brackets and they worked perfectly. They are very sturdy and nicely adjustable brackets.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:00 PM
The M22s on-wall are fairly recent. It might be a good idea to call Axiom directly to get a faster answer. Waiting for someone that has an actual M22 on-wall to log-on to the forum might take some time.
Posted By: Adrian Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:46 PM
I'm not really familiar with how the Onwall Axioms mount, but would it be possible to add a strip of something like 1/4" thick by 1/2" wide rubber foam weatherstripping or similar to the outside flange of the speaker to toe it in?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:47 PM
Personally, I would think that this would defeat an engineering design of mounting them "on the wall". Meaning that it would probably negatively affect the sound quality.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
I'm not really familiar with how the Onwall Axioms mount, but would it be possible to add a strip of something like 1/4" thick by 1/2" wide rubber foam weatherstripping or similar to the outside flange of the speaker to toe it in?

They mount to the T-bracket that supplies power which mounts flush on the wall. They hang on this bracket. There's no way to move it unless you move the bracket also.
Posted By: Adrian Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:49 PM
That could be true. I'm sure the speaker was designed to include the wall it's mounted on since that theoretically becomes part of the baffle.

re "negatively affecting sound"
Posted By: Adrian Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:51 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
They mount to the T-bracket that supplies power which mounts flush on the wall. They hang on this bracket. There's no way to move it unless you move the bracket also.

Perhaps a mounting plate with toe-in built in then?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 01:51 PM
As another thought, I really doubt that the on-wall speakers need any toe-in. They seem to have a wide dispersion as it is.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 03:31 PM
Oops. I kinda missed that on-wall bit.

You need to use the provided brackets to mount the M22 On-wall models because the bracket doubles as the electrical connection.
Posted By: Tony Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Oops. I kinda missed that on-wall bit.

You need to use the provided brackets to mount the M22 On-wall models because the bracket doubles as the electrical connection.

You can't remove the bracket and have the speaker wire connect to the speaker terminals?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 04:32 PM
There are no speaker terminals. There are 2 small hangers on the back that hang onto the wall mount.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/29/10 06:53 PM
I suppose you could jerry-rig something and replace the brackets with binding posts, but I think that missed the point of the on-walls. They're meant to be mounted right on the wall. I think they'd look a little silly sitting a couple inches off the wall and toed in.
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22's L/C/R using brackets - 10/30/10 01:45 AM
Tony, it appears to me that if you're willing to mount speakers on brackets a little off the wall that the regular M22 bookshelves should be the choice.
© Axiom Message Boards