Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PhillipD Not overly technical - 01/05/11 08:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever been able to get a pictuer of what the "minor blemish" might be on a pair of the auction speakers. I wonder if Axiom would provide this information if one was goign to bid on a pair of speakers?

Thanks
Phil
Posted By: bdpf Re: Not overly technical - 01/06/11 02:18 AM
I have 5 speakers from B-stock (factory outlet and auction), none of them had any blemish.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Not overly technical - 01/06/11 04:12 AM
Mine were purchased through the old factory outlet and they are all in great shape. Only my sub really has any noticeable defect and you have to get vey close. Not sure how rings are now that the auction site is up... Maybe they will provide more info or pictures if you ask?
Posted By: RickF Re: Not overly technical - 01/06/11 03:33 PM
The only purchase I've made was from the old factory outlet is my EP600, the volume stem is bent slightly making the volume knob skewed just a little. No biggie as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the speaker is flawless.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Not overly technical - 01/06/11 08:22 PM
Here is a pic of a "minor Blemish" on a factory outlet M60 I had back in 2007.

That blemish was on the side of the M60. It wasn't noticeable till I went looking for a problem with them, upon first glance I never noticed it.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Not overly technical - 01/06/11 08:52 PM
That would drive me nuts. I guess that's why I never ordered from the factory outlet.
Posted By: mpyw Re: Not overly technical - 01/07/11 12:26 AM
I still can't find flaw with me 2009 M60 & Vp150 factory outlet purchased.....maybe those white color thing on the driver's case is the problem? but they're gone after I done a wipe on them....
Posted By: SBrown Re: Not overly technical - 01/07/11 01:24 AM
You could actually touch that up with felt markers Jason and draw in the wood grain. Anyway, that is minor!
Posted By: JonHan Re: Not overly technical - 01/07/11 12:33 PM
Originally Posted By: SBrown
You could actually touch that up with felt markers Jason and draw in the wood grain. Anyway, that is minor!

Yes,"use a felt marker to fix it", is exactly what Axiom Service
told me to do to hide where the vinyl didn't meet and left gaps.
This worked, but I hate to think what they would of looked like if I had purchased factory outlet.
Posted By: alan Re: Not overly technical - 01/07/11 02:15 PM
Hi all,

As others have stated, most of the factory outlet speakers have invisible blemishes---or, in the line I used to use when conversing with or emailing customers, "visible only on very close inspection."

Alan
Posted By: jakewash Re: Not overly technical - 01/07/11 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: SBrown
If I had kept them I would have done something with that flaw but they were sent back after A/B'ing them to the M80's which I know have.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Not overly technical - 01/08/11 08:44 AM
Sweet, M80's are the answer. I sure do love my babies!
Posted By: PhillipD Re: Not overly technical - 01/09/11 04:23 AM
thanks for all the posts...now time to pick somethign to bid on bahahahaha
© Axiom Message Boards