Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gj47479 QS8 surrounds mixed???? - 05/04/11 03:58 AM
Hi people I am currently building my home theatre system. I really, really enjoy the crisp warmth sound of B&W CM9s!! IMO......but i heard a lot of great things about the QS8 surround from Axiom. Is it okay to use a B&W CM9s as the front with the equivalent B&W center channel and use QS8s as my surround speakers??? I also plan on getting a Rythmic, ED, or SVS sub?? PLEASE HELP I AM A NEWBIE!!!
Posted By: JohnK Re: QS8 surrounds mixed???? - 05/04/11 05:18 AM
GJ, welcome. Even with surrounds it's a good idea to have them not be greatly different in sound quality from the mains. The CM9s are fine quality units and in my view the QS8s are as well and don't differ to a major extent in timbre. Any small differences would be more than offset by the superb spacial characteristics of the QS8s and you should be very pleased with the overall effect.
Posted By: gj47479 Re: QS8 surrounds mixed???? - 05/04/11 07:16 AM
@ johnk .....THANKS I was thinking this would be a great combination...I hope it is!!! smile Im about to make this happen very soon!
Posted By: Adrian Re: QS8 surrounds mixed???? - 05/04/11 01:44 PM
Let us know how the Q's work with your B&W's, gj. Other people have used them successfully with brands like Paradigm and Energy to name a couple....I would think they'd work well with your CM9's.
© Axiom Message Boards