Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Pilku Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/19/11 07:52 PM
Hi, I have had a problem with my axiom since I bought it. The following 6 notes do not work.

I have tried resetting the axiom but it doesn't work. A few times I got these notes actually to work, but the next day they were gone again. When I play the other keys, reason shows signal, but these keys dont even show signal. I have only had problems with those 6 keys, they are in the middle of my axiom so I can't play much piano songs. Please help!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/19/11 07:53 PM
Hi Pilku, you've got the wrong Axiom. This Axiom makes speakers and other home theatre components.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/19/11 08:29 PM
Easy solution. Just don't play those notes.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/19/11 10:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Hi Pilku, you've got the wrong Axiom. This Axiom makes speakers and other home theatre components.

+1
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/20/11 12:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C

laugh laugh Epic!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/20/11 12:28 AM
Nice keyboard, but we can't help you with that, but if your interested in an awesome stereo or home theater setup, this Axiom is your new home.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/20/11 12:44 AM
That's what happen when people don't even look for the answers before posting on a forum laugh
Posted By: audiosavant Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/21/11 12:29 AM
LMAO.

My M22's never, ever skips notes! I get 'em all. Even the wrong ones...

Between this post and BobT's exercise in futility and stubbornness "extravaganza", it's been very entertaining around here lately... grin
Posted By: J. B. Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/21/11 02:00 AM
"We are not amused"
Posted By: JohnK Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/21/11 02:11 AM
Just imagine the total confusion that the post would have caused if a picture of the "Axiom" hadn't been included!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/23/11 01:30 PM
Indeed. That would've spawned all kinds of consternation.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/23/11 10:15 PM
I guess the OP has no plans to purchase a real set of Axioms.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/24/11 08:50 PM
The funny thing is, I'm looking for a MIDI controller now, and keep coming across the M-Audio Axiom line. smile

But I think I'm going to get an Akai Pro.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/24/11 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
But I think I'm going to get an Akai Pro.

I would. I recently heard that the Axioms lose notes. grin
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/26/11 06:09 PM
I think it is because of the red dots on his keys. When I squint at look at them, it looks like Cookie Monster staring back at me. That has to be a bad sign.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/26/11 06:17 PM
I see M&Ms. Mmmmmmm chocolate ...
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/26/11 06:25 PM
Well, I ordered a Akai Pro LPD8. I still need a keyboard, but first I wanted some knobs to fiddle. Music instruments must be like audio gear. Every one that gets me halfway interested will have a couple reviews where people are screaming about how much some feature sucks, and that you should walk away and get something else.

At least with audio gear I'm entrenched enough that I know if something that someone is complaining about will bother me or not. It's been so long since I played keyboard (or piano) that I'm unlikely to be bothered by the key feel (all my previous keyboards either had from bad down to horrible keys). Still, complaints about not being able to properly trigger different velocities makes me think twice.

It does seem there's no universally well reviewed MIDI controller out there. Although, for $50 everyone does seem to agree that you can't go wrong with the LPD8.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/26/11 09:44 PM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
first I wanted some knobs to fiddle.

It's amazing. You and Charles are like brothers from different mothers.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/27/11 05:36 AM
Mark, you're one of the differentest mothers I know.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/27/11 01:59 PM
He's never been the same since he got bitten by an Ontario Dock Spider.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom 61 skipping notes - 05/27/11 02:21 PM
I think it was the hypothermia from trying to swim over to Shania Twain's summer home.
© Axiom Message Boards