Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RazorFace Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 04:56 PM
Where can I find the specs on this speaker? The pictures show a single 6.5" woofer, but the spec sheet references a dual 6.5" woofer. Are there 2 different sub-woofers?
Posted By: Wid Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 05:18 PM

Look under the specs tab.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/audiobytecomputerspeakers.html
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 05:19 PM
Originally Posted By: RazorFace
Where can I find the specs on this speaker? The pictures show a single 6.5" woofer, but the spec sheet references a dual 6.5" woofer. Are there 2 different sub-woofers?

Razor, this review posts the specifications you're looking for.

Peace
Posted By: RazorFace Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 05:56 PM
I've looked at those specs. I also looked at the pictures on that same page and they show this image of the EP-Zero:

It looks like it has but 1 woofer.
Posted By: RazorFace Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 06:01 PM
Just read the article (circa 2008) and it states:

"The EPZero passive subwoofer isn’t huge either -- just 12.4"H x 7.9"W x 14.5"D, with two modest 6.5" drivers -- but it’s unique: on the front is a three-position switch that controls the sub’s output level."

However, the image with the article shows, what looks like, a single 6.5" woofer.

Is there any specs closer to 2012?
Posted By: Wid Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 06:03 PM

Call Axiom
Razor, like Rick said, I would check with Axiom. It seems to me that I remember reading that they made a change recently...
Posted By: RazorFace Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 06:13 PM
Will do!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audiobyte Ep-Zero Passive Sub-woofer - 03/05/12 07:13 PM
OK, I can explain this.

The article references the original EP0 design, which used a single woofer behind a passive radiator and a larger cabinet. The currently shipping EP0 uses a single woofer in an M3 cabinet. I believe that the performance is similar, although I've not compared the two back to back, as the older subwoofer is not compatible with the newer amp.
© Axiom Message Boards