Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JBG Upgradable speakers crossovers - 06/29/13 02:24 PM
Just a thought, it would be very appealing to have the ability to upgrade the crossovers in the speakers.. perhaps through the bottom of the speaker via an access panel.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Upgradable speakers crossovers - 06/29/13 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Be_Good
Just a thought, it would be very appealing to have the ability to upgrade the crossovers in the speakers.. perhaps through the bottom of the speaker via an access panel.

In upgrading, I am assuming you mean more expensive parts and I am sure it could be done, however, would you hear any audible difference in the sound? Based on my own experience, highly unlikely.
Posted By: JBG Re: Upgradable speakers crossovers - 06/29/13 08:02 PM
Well what I meant is that there will always be new versions coiming of the crossover network and the drivers.. woulnd't be nice instead of selling your speakers or sending them back in an exchange program simply have an upgrade kit for those who really want the latest version... changing a drivers is not a problem the real problem is acessing the crossover network, so having an access panel and relocating the crossover board on the bottom of the speaker would be fantastic also simple to exchange in case of a faulty board
Posted By: jakewash Re: Upgradable speakers crossovers - 07/17/13 03:41 AM
I haven't looked on the v3's but the v2 speakers have the crossovers attached to the speaker wire plate on the back of the speaker, quite easy to change(I've done it on my M22's). The bigger issue is the xover change may also require a driver change depending on how old your speaker is. Axiom had at one time early in the v3 run, mentioned they were looking at producing a "kit" for v2 owners to upgrade with, but this meant new drivers and the price for a full set of drivers & xover wasn't much less than a new speaker for M60/m80 owners.

[/URL][/img]
© Axiom Message Boards