Axiom Home Page
Posted By: J. B. Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/26/13 03:10 PM
i don't think i've seen this here on Axiom, so here we go:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=117372.0
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/26/13 03:21 PM
Hmm. Wonder if that's at the Axiom factory. Kinda looks like it, no?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/26/13 03:43 PM
I honestly haven't been following all this very well...(No sense drooling over speakers for which I don't have the budget nor space, and all that).

But is the Bryston T and the new M100 the same design? Looks like the same driver complement at a quick glance.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/26/13 04:03 PM
That is the Axiom factory at Dwight, ON - been there & done that....

TAM
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/26/13 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
But is the Bryston T and the new M100 the same design? Looks like the same driver complement at a quick glance.

Same layout, but the Ts are wider because they use different, larger woofers.

At least that's what I've gathered in my also cursory following.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/27/13 02:49 AM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I honestly haven't been following all this very well...(No sense drooling over speakers for which I don't have the budget nor space, and all that).

The Brystons have different woofers. They have a re-worked 8" woofer, and also an improved 5 1/4" woofer as well i think?

the work on the Model T's 8" drivers is what spawned the improved 6 1/2 driver for the LFR's is my understanding.

Ian has noted that there are differences in the cabinet. I believe that the model T's front baffle is 1 1/2" thick MDF, where the LFR's and i would assume the M100's is 3/4" MDF. the cabniet for the Model T's also have different geometry than the M100's. The M100's use the standard Axiom design. Where the Model T has more compound curves there are subtle differences that can be noticed upon close inspection of photos available online.
Posted By: MarvinTheMartian Re: Bryston Model T - the making of - 07/15/14 10:42 PM
First post, I thought I would finally go to the source.

I've asked James Mr "T" on the Circle this question several ways but have not received a completely satisfactory answer.

The model T's front baffle is 1.5" thick MDF, BUT the through hole for the midrange looks like a straight cut through the front baffle.

Would a shaping the rear of midrange baffle opening to smoothly transition to the matching plastic midrange enclosure improve the non-linear distortion ???

I noticed this phenomena while testing a much smaller Scan-Speak 10F midrange unit on a standard 3/4" baffle.
The 10F did not really sing until I opened up the rear with at least a 30 degree chamfer.

Inquiring minds need to know.
Shawn
© Axiom Message Boards