Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spx38 EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have been using axiom products for a while now and have been loving them.

However the EP600 V2 sub has been giving me some problems lately. With the receiver/tv turned off the sub will make a thump sound at irregular intervals. It works prefectly fine when the receiver is on and is being used but the only issue is that it makes a thumping noises once the receiver is turned off. It has only been doing this for the last month out of the last 5 or so years of owning the sub. What would be the issue?

Thanks
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 03:13 PM
Give Axiom a call and talk with their customer service. Your amp in the subwoofer might need to be serviced. Sounds like a possible issue with a capacitor.
Posted By: dakkon Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 03:31 PM
I would call Brent first thing on Monday. Replacing the amp in the EP-600 is pretty easy.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 03:56 PM
Unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. It might just need a bit of a re-set.

If that doesn't work, yeah....call Axiom.
Posted By: michael_d Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 04:06 PM
A few of us went through this before. If I recall, it's a ground issue. I think I just moved the grounding screw on the amp plate or something like that. As others have mentioned, call Axiom.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 08:07 PM
When you call you might ask about the new line of subs currently in development. Can't hurt to know what's coming and what kind of upgrade credit you could get. Just sayin'...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/28/13 09:26 PM
My 600v2 used to thump/rumble occasionally for no reason out of the blue. The first time I heard it it sounded like thunder off in the distance. Just unpluged the main outlet cable for a few minutes and that fixes it for me. For me it is paranormal activity...

Posted By: JohnK Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/29/13 01:39 AM
Welcome. As a couple of replies have already suggested, unplug the sub for a few minutes to reset it to see if this helps. If the evil spirits which were affecting Randy's sub have also targeted yours, having no power cord to use as an entry way may cause them to become lost and to go looking for an easier victim.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: EP600 V2 Help - 07/29/13 10:56 AM
Yeah, John, but sometimes those same spirits come out the port (luckily, with no chuffing due to the vortex design) and take residence in the closets of the children.
Posted By: spx38 Re: EP600 V2 Help - 08/02/13 01:46 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Greatly appreciated. I did what you guys suggested and unplugged the sub for half an hour and then plugged it back in again. It hasn't made an unwanted thump yet!

Thanks again for the help. The house is a lot nicer now that it doesn't sound like bear is pounding on the wall every couple of minutes haha.

If the issue comes up again, I will call axiom.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: EP600 V2 Help - 08/02/13 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: spx38
it doesn't sound like bear is pounding on the wall every couple of minutes haha.

If the issue comes up again, I will call axiom.

Or Ranger Smith!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: EP600 V2 Help - 08/02/13 10:39 PM
dang...I was hoping my poltergeist would finally leave my home for good....argg
© Axiom Message Boards