Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MMM LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 02:12 PM
I can't seem to see the option for outriggers on the LFR1100. Has that option been removed. I thought they were there as the speaker is rather tall for the width, and as such is a bit more tipsy. Just curious.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 02:20 PM
Maybe they come standard? Call Axiom.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 02:49 PM
They are optional. You'll find the option by clicking "Customize Yours" under step 3 "Select Your Hardware" then click on the picture of the outriggers. The additional cost seems to be $252 which honestly seems, well, outrageous!
Posted By: Cohesion Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 02:54 PM
I think the cost of the outriggers must be wrong on the website. I got them for my LFR's and I can't imagine that I would have paid that much for them...
Posted By: BobKay Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 04:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cohesion
I think the cost of the outriggers must be wrong on the website. I got them for my LFR's and I can't imagine that I would have paid that much for them...

Jeez, Mike, I'm glad you don't live close enough for me to ask a favor and p/u something at the supermarket while you're there. Are you one of those husbands who comes home with a $5 head of Romaine, "because it was on the list?"

Are you sure you paid less? I ordered 100's in late Sept., and that's what the price was then.
Posted By: BobKay Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 04:41 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Maybe they come standard? Call Axiom.

I think that word is no longer in the Axiom lexicon. Somethin's gotta give. That's not a put down, at all. It's survival and generating income. The speakers (and free shipping) ARE the deal. The rest of the stuff is stuff.

When I got my 60's, all veneer options were Vassallo. With each 60 and the 500, I received a finished wooden box, box jointed, stained a med. red/brown, w/the Axiom logo CNC-carved onto the lid. Each was about 6 x 11 x 3." Inside the box, all set into custom-cut holes in black foam, were a set of feet and a set of carpet spikes, oh and a wiping cloth. I think I even got a choice of finishes. I did not pay extra for my name to be on their backs. It was standard. It is no longer. It is extra @ $10 per speaker.

In a letter to Axiom, pre-dating my forum participation, I told them that these (60's) were such a bargain, even in wood, that all that stuff was unnecessary. They were cool for sure, but would have had no bearing in my decision to keep them.

I guess they listened.

So, if you wanna blame someone for the slow disappearance of "standard," I'm your guy.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
I received a finished wooden box, box jointed

Not dovetail? Pfffffttttt. Tacky.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: cohesion

Jeez, Mike, I'm glad you don't live close enough for me to ask a favor and p/u something at the supermarket while you're there. Are you one of those husbands who comes home with a $5 head of Romaine, "because it was on the list?"

Are you sure you paid less? I ordered 100's in late Sept., and that's what the price was then.

$5 for a whole lettuce honestly doesn't sound that bad, and if it comes with head that would be a bargain...
Posted By: Cohesion Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 07:26 PM
Anyway some people will do anything to get a head!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 07:30 PM
Someone should tell Hugh Grant about that deal!

<dates self remarkably>
Posted By: Cohesion Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 07:52 PM
But seriously Bob I got the outriggers when I first ordered my LFRs as they were introduced. I really don't remember how much that option cost me.
Posted By: MMM Re: LFR outriggers - 05/30/14 09:33 PM
figured out how the web page works.. I was trying to click on the X option to turn it into a check mark thinking that it would add them..

S.U.E.

oh well.
Posted By: Crimson Wrath Re: LFR outriggers - 05/31/14 06:31 AM
I agree the cost really seems high for two small pieces of metal, but I guess when you're looking at over $5k for a pair of towers (going custom) with the LFRs that cost seems like a drop in the bucket. Agreed though that they should be standard for the LFR1100s and M100s as big they are.
Posted By: MMM Re: LFR outriggers - 06/01/14 02:17 AM
Part of me is thinking that, if it's just a piece of metal with the holes drilled in the right spot, for the $250, I could make a really nice set of outriggers myself from some African Blackwood or Gaboon Ebony. They are really dense wood so there would be little vibration to effect the sound. They make the neck on high end guitars like Fender stratocaster from African Blackwood because they have such a great acoustic sound.

It might make mine look original..
Posted By: BobKay Re: LFR outriggers - 06/01/14 08:12 PM
Matt, though not with exotics, persons here have made their own in a woodshop. Ask Mark or Tom if they could possibly be not lazy for, like 2 minutes, and call up their original posts with those pics, please?

Edit: I'm sorry. I meant for, like, 2 minutes in their whole lives.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: LFR outriggers - 06/02/14 12:37 AM
That one is totally on Mark.

I'm too busy not doing something else at the moment.
Posted By: Cohesion Re: LFR outriggers - 06/02/14 12:55 AM
I think I remember that some forum member got even bigger metal ones made, too.

If you try making something yourself the only important part is to ensure the two holes in each line up with the existing holes on each side of the speaker where the standard feet would go.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: LFR outriggers - 06/02/14 06:33 PM
I think Dakkon had the big, custom, metal ones.
Posted By: MichaelTrottar Re: LFR outriggers - 06/16/14 08:53 AM
I think the price of the outriggers must be incorrect on the web page. I got them for my LFR's and I can't suppose I would have compensated that much for them.
© Axiom Message Boards