Axiom Home Page
Posted By: EastCoast Actual measurements of a VP180 - 09/10/14 06:35 PM
Maybe not a technical question as such... The specs of the VP180 indicate the height is 9.25", which is too tall to fit within the spot in my cabinet where it would need to fit.

But, given that one side is sloped, I'm wondering if this 9.25" measurement is the tallest point (I assume it is), and therefore, what is the measurement at the back?

With my current center, I have it extending from the cabinet a little bit to ensure no muffling of the sound and also to keep the front edge more in line with the line of my L & R. If I was to do the same with a VP180, maybe there would be a hope of it fitting.

Although, given its spec'd weight of 57 pounds, maybe it would just fall onto the floor, or topple the cabinet over, if it was protruding too far...;)
Posted By: alan Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 - 09/10/14 07:16 PM
Hi EastCoast,

Yes, the 9.25-inch height is the tallest point, at the front baffle. Try calling the Axiom toll-free number or email brent@axiomaudio.com . He will know the height at the rear of the VP-180.
One of the last double-blind listening tests I did before leaving Axiom was of the VP-180 vs. the M80. I ranked both speakers identically -- the 180 is a wonderfully good center channel, fully the equal of its tower sibling. It has a slightly different timbre, but overall matches beautifully, and it would be a shame for you not to integrate into your system.

Regards,
Alan Lofft
Posted By: Debbie Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 - 09/10/14 08:40 PM
Hi EastCoast,

The VP180 measures 7.25" in the back. Hopefully that will work for you because it is an amazing center channel. I wouldn't give mine up for anything.
Posted By: EastCoast Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 - 09/11/14 11:18 AM
Thanks to both.

As (bad) luck would have it, I remeasured the hole the center must fit and the VP180 is faaaar too wide to fit in this space anyway.

The VP150 is the biggest model that I can actually fit in the space. Certainly not the end of the world, but would really have liked to have at least had the option of the VP180, particularly if I decided to go with the M100's over the M80's.

C'est la vie!
Posted By: bridgman Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 - 09/11/14 02:37 PM
Based on my experience going from VP100 to VP180 it's worth getting rid of the cabinet smile
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Actual measurements of a VP180 - 09/13/14 01:04 PM
I agree, my 180 is amazing upgrade from my old 150, which I think I moved upstairs smile
© Axiom Message Boards