Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snazzed Buzzing tweeter, fix or replace? - 03/05/22 06:54 PM
Hey all:

I have an older VP-150 v2. About two years ago my kids started complaining they could hear a high pitched whine when certain frequencies were played. I guess I'm too old and I'm losing my upper registers... I couldn't hear it.

Fast forward to now, and it's gotten worse... The right tweeter buzzes, now at a frequencies I DO hear.

Is this a common problem, hopefully with a cheap and easy fix? I'm broke. Or can I replace the tweeter? Or is it "New Center Time?" Which would be bad because of the aforementioned brokeness.

Thank you all
Byron Armstrong
Posted By: rrlev Re: Buzzing tweeter, fix or replace? - 03/05/22 09:10 PM
I imagine if it were common we would be hearing a lot more about it.

My first thought if to take off the grill and look at the tweeter to see if it's cover has moved.
I had issues with these covers moving when shipped if the box is jolted hard enough.

I don't know how non-V4 tweeters are built but V4 tweeters have a perforated cover held on by the speakers magnet which protects the diaphragm.
If jolted the tweeter cover might move and touch the diagram ... which would cause buzzing and depending damage.
Just look at the tweeter and if nothing looks off center then that's not the issue.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Buzzing tweeter, fix or replace? - 03/06/22 12:19 AM
Is it just the right tweeter or both?
© Axiom Message Boards