Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Canesfan27 No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 03:11 AM
I was playing some music tonight and noticed the sound from my left speaker didn’t sound right. The rear speakers were not playing at all. Checked all of my connections and everything was fine. I unplugged the speaker wire to the rear and from the amp and plugged it back in and the sound came back on. Still getting a hum from the rear speakers. It’s making me wonder if something isn’t going on. Anyone ever have something similar happen or anything I should check?
Posted By: Mojo Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 04:54 AM
One of the ADA protection circuits? If so, it begs the question what it was protecting against.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 01:30 PM
I’ll check everything for possible shorts.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 05:41 PM
Couldn't find anything obvious. No wires exposed and nothing creating any type of short that I can see. Going to organize the wires the best I can to keep things from overlapping as much as possible.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 05:54 PM
I was playing a poor pressing, new album, that sounded really distorted. Is it possible the distortion from the poor record quality could cause the protection circuit to kick in? It was being played at low volume.
Posted By: Mojo Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 07:11 PM
No way.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 08:40 PM
I wouldn't think so either but trying to eliminate all possibilities.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 08:50 PM
Was planning on doing this anyway, but I am updating my rca cables to Mogami Gold. I'm hoping the hum is just something caused by interference.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 09:02 PM
Open ground on rca. Squeeze the outside ring smaller or buy better snug cables.
Posted By: Canesfan27 Re: No sound intermittently - 03/12/22 09:45 PM
I’ll try that too
© Axiom Message Boards