Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mwc SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/16/03 01:59 AM
http://www.speakercity.com/Sos/SubwooferOptimizer.shtml

Has anyone seen this? Whadaya think?

Sorry, I don't know how to make a clickable link. If someone could enlighten me I would appreaciate it .
Posted By: Haoleb Re: SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/16/03 02:32 AM
http://www.speakercity.com/Sos/SubwooferOptimizer.shtml

you type [urll]insert link here [/urll] and after the link type that.....

But with url spelled correctly.
Posted By: JohnK Re: SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/16/03 02:36 AM
Mike, the 7th and 8th items here show clickable links and hyperlinks. You can of course experiment on the preview without actually sending messages until you get it right.
Posted By: mwc Re: SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/16/03 02:40 AM
Thanks John and Brandon. Those were the ones that I tried to use but it kept telling me that some required fields were not complete(or something to that effect).
Posted By: sushi Re: SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/17/03 01:13 AM
Mike,

The SOS certainly seems interesting. The web page reads like it is essentially a single-band parametric equalizer with an automatic calibration capability -- sort of like YPAO/MCACC specifically for the LFE channel. But I really don't understand the description of the "Analog Signal Processing (ASP) technology." So, does the unit function as an analog parametric filter once it is calibrated??? I don't know how it digitally control the analog circuitry, especially with the digital portion of the unit's circuitry turned off once the calibration is complete.
Posted By: fmowry Re: SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/19/03 12:14 PM
Most of the DIY sub builders use the Behringer FeedBack Destroyer Pro to tune/EQ their subs. Seems to be much more powerful than this with a better price. Around $100 I think.

Frank
Posted By: curtis Re: SOS Subwoofer Optimizer - 11/19/03 04:19 PM
There is a review of the SOS in latest Stereophile Guide to Home Theater. They gave it a favorable review. It is not up on the online version of the magazine yet.
© Axiom Message Boards