Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oachalon Tweeter Buzz - 12/03/03 11:42 PM
I have the vp150 center channel and the m60's for fronts. They are connected to a yamaha rx-v1400. My problem is that on a song i forgot which one my tweeters will buzz for a second only on that part of a song. Does it a couple times. Make a weird sound. That happens with my fronts. Today I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean and the left tweeter on my center channel buzzed at a certain point in the movie. Is there a way for me to fix this.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/03/03 11:48 PM
This has occured in the past for some other posters here. Two things could be causing it: either the driver is not screwed in tightly enough, or the shielding magnet inside is loose.

In the first case, you can tighten the screws to fix the problem. If you still hear buzzing, you can unscrew the driver all the way, press the shielding magnet tightly onto the back of the driver, and then replace the driver and screw it in.

Before you do any of this, however, you should call Axiom and ask their opinion. Chances are they will instruct you to do what I said above. If you screw up somehow while following their instructions, they'll most likely send you a new driver for free.
Posted By: oachalon Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 02:19 AM
thanks i will give that a try and see what happens.
Posted By: oachalon Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 07:22 PM
it fixed my front speakers, but the left tweeter is still doing it on the vp150 center. Any other things.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 09:23 PM
Try swapping the left and right speakers, then play back the same section that causes the buzz. If the buzzing comes from the same channel (but different speaker), then you know it's the source material and not the speaker.

If the buzzing comes out of the same speaker again, I think you should call Axiom and get a replacement.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 09:31 PM
To make Peter's post make sense... switch the VP150 and one of the front channles. Not the left and right speakers...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 09:45 PM
You do a good job cleaning up my messes. I shall call you the janitor!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 10:06 PM
Heh. See if you get any manicotti tonight.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 10:09 PM
thats not a grounding issue is it?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 10:16 PM
This link is directly related your situation but really you should just call Joe at Axiom customer service.
Posted By: oachalon Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/04/03 11:52 PM
well i think i fixed the problem. It hasnt buzzed yet. It first camr from the tweeter. Then i heard the buzz from the left driver on the center so i just tightened all the screws down a little more on the drivers. Doesnt seem to be doing it yet. Maybe it was just that. If it comes back ill give axiom a call.
Posted By: oachalon Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/05/03 06:42 PM
it came back. I think its the tweeter and the mid next to it. I will contact them about it.
Posted By: MiniRock Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/05/03 10:40 PM
I had the same problem with one of my M60's when I first got them. Listening to the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack (disc 2) it made a buzzing sound only in one part of the 4th track at about 90db. Kinda sounded like aluminum vibrating on aluminum, know what I mean? Anyway I remember having to tighten the screws down pretty tight in order for it to go away, and now when I play them even louder than I did before (about 105db) they don't make that sound at all. That's my story. EDIT- BTW, what scene in POTC does your speaker make this sound?
Posted By: oachalon Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/06/03 03:55 AM
i dont completely remember. It would just happen when some people would talk. It happened at different times. In Finding Nemo though was when nemo was in the fish tank and he had to go pass the flame or whatever it was when the i think blowfish was talking.
Posted By: oachalon Re: Tweeter Buzz - 12/16/03 04:52 AM
so i received my new tweeter and mid cause i figured out it was the mid also. Well i hooked them up and the new tweeter and mid sound 100 times better than the rest of the mids and tweeters in the center channel so im going to email axiom again about it. By the way their customer service is the best.
© Axiom Message Boards