Axiom Home Page
Posted By: vivek A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 07:22 PM
Hello,

I have M60Ti's. I noticed at the back of the speaker that the cable plugs have two rows of inputs. These two rows are connected by two metal strips, parallel to each other (the columns are connected).

Why is this ? Why do I need 2 pairs of cable inputs ?

I have a Denon AVR3803 that I intend to connect to these speakers. The setup is the simple home theatre environment. (one dvd player, one receiver, 5 speakers and in the light of day, bind them)

Posted By: jfoxtrot9 Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 07:24 PM
You only need one set of speaker cable. Connect to either upper or lower. It doesn't matter. The second is for bi wiring if your into that sort of thing.
Posted By: vivek Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 07:26 PM
Hmm..does it mean that I can remove the metal strips or do I need to keep them ?
Posted By: Pinoy Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 07:29 PM
No, Do not remove the metal strip.
Posted By: Hawkson101 Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 10:32 PM
the bridge connects the top woofer/tweeter to the bottom two woofers. so unless you bi amp it, dont remove the bridge
i found that i got more bass response if i connected it to the bottom connectors.
i may be imagining it though. probably
Posted By: Haoleb Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 11:13 PM
In reply to:

i found that i got more bass response if i connected it to the bottom connectors.
i may be imagining it though. probably

yeah probbly. Id actually connect it to the top posts but thats just me.

Posted By: jfoxtrot9 Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 11:19 PM
Just curious.....Why? (Referring to your preference of connecting to the top posts)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: A simple (dumb?) question - 01/03/04 11:37 PM
because i would rather have the speaker wires going straight to the top posts and, so that the signal doesnt have to go through the straps (or jumpers in my case) and even though i cant say i believe wires make a difference (to a degree) id rather not have the mids and highs go to the cheap wires. even though thats whats inside the speakers.

Its not like it costs me anything, so i dont see why not!. If it actually did make a difference id probbly notice it more with the highs then i would with the bass.
© Axiom Message Boards