Axiom Home Page
Posted By: x94blair3 2 150's - 02/11/04 10:45 PM
Hi, Joe and I were talking previously about using two VP150's from above and below a screen to get around the concerns having a center channel behind.

He mentioned that since the two speakers would need to run parallel you'd be putting a 3ohm load on your receiver instead of the standard 6 ((6*6)/(6+6)=3). Due to this you'd then need a seperate amp to power your center channels.

Is this the sort of thing I would need to accomodate this?:

Model 200 M-Block Amplifier

It's a "single channel amp" and although I don't know much about them this would be to amplify only one channel right? Which is what the parallel VP150's would function as?

-Nick

P.S. Not saying this is the best choice for one of these..just wondering if it's the right type.
Posted By: alan Re: 2 150's - 02/11/04 11:02 PM
x94blair3,

Yep, that will do it. Marantz also used to make some nice little monoblocks for such purposes. They might still be available.

Regards,
Posted By: x94blair3 Re: 2 150's - 02/11/04 11:03 PM
Oops..I think I was talking to you...SORRY about that

-Nick
Posted By: john_henderson Re: 2 150's - 02/17/04 04:25 AM
Integra also make a nice amp just for this purpose the ADM 2.1. I have just added a pair of these, one to run a pair of M22's in the dining room on the multi zone, and the second to run a pair of M22's that I added to the VP150 for use on the center channel. The ADM 2.1 can be set to be turned on by either a 12v trigger from your amp or can simply be set to turn on when they sense an input signal on the line in. You can find more information at www.integrahometheater.com
© Axiom Message Boards