Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR Missing DSP Programs - 03/15/04 07:50 PM
I was thinking last night while playing with DSP programs (I was alone so I was allowed to play!) that Yamaha has really missed out on some useful programs.

How about these programs:

dive bar - gives the impression of being played through a bank of beer soaked horns with a couple of fill speakers (maybe the venerable JBL Control 28?) hanging from the ceiling - the occasional sound of an electrical short and a torn driver would add to the effect.
- Replaces - Rock Concert
- Suggested room for sound field recreation - the Osborne Zoo Winnipeg, MB

men's room - the perfect sound field to listen to any of the low-brow comedies being pumped out by Hollywood.
- Replaces - Disco
- Suggested room for sound field recreation - third stall in, 1st floor washroom, Grand Central Station

Grandma's - Ahh, the sweet sound of an Electrohome console television (with woodgrain vinyl veneer) speaker (paper cone, 3"x10" full range)... volume control is disabled for this DSP setting - program is always passed through at the highest possible setting.
- Replaces - Entertainment/Mono Movie
- Suggested room for sound field recreation - any of my neighbour's houses

Bren R.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Missing DSP Programs - 03/15/04 09:29 PM
You're a VERY weird person, Bren......................................thank heaven.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Missing DSP Programs - 03/16/04 12:12 AM
Bren, I forwarded your suggestions to Mr. Ito. Watch for updates to their flagship receiver.
© Axiom Message Boards