Axiom Home Page
Posted By: reyzor58 avia ??? - 04/09/04 03:15 AM
i keep seeing references (avia)to this and am wondering what it is and do i need to get 1 when i get my speakers to set them up, i've already been told to get a sound meter from radio shack,so what is an avia, which leads to where do i get 1 when the time comes?
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: avia ??? - 04/09/04 03:29 AM
I would reccomend Digital Video Essentials. Check out bargainflix.com and they'll give you the best price.

The menus are a little difficult to negotiate at times, but it's pretty minor. They've got more test signals than you'll ever need.

And they've got some really great demo stuff to not only set up your system but to become educated about phase, stereo, front back separation, etc. - really just kind of fun at times. I have lent my disc out to more than a few friends who tweaked their system for just a few minutes, and then just enjoyed listening to the disc for its video and audio madness...
Posted By: reyzor58 Re: avia ??? - 04/09/04 03:48 AM
thanks for the quick reply gonna order it right now!!

rey
Posted By: AndrewS Re: avia ??? - 04/09/04 02:47 PM
Someone please confirm this but I believe that DVE has an issue with it's bass tones - like they aren't at 75Hz or some other issue that means that you'll improperly calibrate your subwoofer....

I have AVIA and it's great. I highly recommend it.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: avia ??? - 04/09/04 03:21 PM
A big reason I like AVIA is tthat the speaker calibration includes the LFE signal and a separate sub calibration is not really necessary.
© Axiom Message Boards