Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Thasp Rotel or NAD amp for M60tis? - 04/18/04 07:22 PM
Rotel RA-02

NAD C352(or the 320BEE if I'm feeling cheap)

These two integrated amps are on my list. The NAD supposedly has a warmer more full bodied sound, and the Rotel a cooler, crisper sound. Since I have heard the Axioms are a tad bright, I was leaning towards the NAD.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rotel or NAD amp for M60tis? - 04/18/04 11:04 PM
The key word in your post is "supposedly." The supposed characteristic warm or crisp sound changes depending on whom you ask.

Your main consdiderations should be features, brand reputation, and price. It's pretty safe to ignore the highly subjective judgments of sound character.
Posted By: paulu Re: Rotel or NAD amp for M60tis? - 04/18/04 11:39 PM
I have the 320 BEE integrated and it sounds great with a pair of m3s. It's got plenty of power for axioms given their 93 db sensitivity. You get 3 db every time you double the power, so the 50 watt NAD should get you to about 110 db.
Posted By: Thasp Re: Rotel or NAD amp for M60tis? - 04/18/04 11:50 PM
Ah.

They both have a good reputation, they're around same price, and the NAD has 40 more watts. Are these real watt ratings, or watt ratings similar to the receivers where 100x6 really means 40x6?

Now I'm leaning towards the NAD, based on the wattage ratings.

Posted By: chafter Re: Rotel or NAD amp for M60tis? - 04/19/04 10:10 PM
I have the rotel-972 IA and it sounds tremendous with the
m-60's. I couldn't be happier. The Rorel is clean and precise, even at louder volumes. I think brightness, etc depends as much on your listening area as anything else.
The Rotel really puts out real power- I doubt there is anything it wont drive. Do you know the review of the Rotel RA-02 at goodsound? see http://www.goodsound.com/equipment.shtml

Either choice is great.

Chuck
© Axiom Message Boards