Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adam101 Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 06:04 PM
My Klipsch RB-25s have a 1/4" threaded incert and weighs a little more than 14 lbs. Does this bracket come with a 1/4x20 bolt or do I get a choice as to what size bolt to put on?
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 07:34 PM
My full metal brackets didn't come with the bolts. The bolt is supplied with the(Axiom)speaker.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 07:37 PM
i was confused by the whole 'bolt' deal.. the FMB's come with 1 inch wood screws that you have to drill into the back of the speakers, right??

or wrong? i dont think thay have a 'bolt'?

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 07:39 PM
There is a provision for a bolt in the middle of the bit that goes against the speaker. The newer (?) surrounds have a bolt/ threaded insert dealie on the back so you can use that bolt to go through the hole in the middle of the bracket into the speaker without having to drill into your speaker.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 07:43 PM
ah, ok, that makes sense.. that would be better anyway.. i mounted my QS8's with the t bracket.. but i was never too excited at the prospect of having to 'drill' holes into the backs of my speakers..

i know axiom says/said it was ok, but i just fear some sort of structeral damage was possible.

bigjohn
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 07:45 PM
Likewise... I was glad to see my QS4s had the bolt, even though I used the Ts. Boy, are those a pain to mount evenly...

Well, that and trying to screw into something metal. I actually twisted a screw in half, so my left side T bracket is only secured by (gasp!) 6 screws.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 07:46 PM
They do come with wood screws. The FMB is designed to bolt to the VP150 or Q's for example. The Axioms come with a means to attach an FMB via a pre installed nut and bolt.

I hope this makes sense.

Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 09:06 PM
The wood crews the FMB's come with are for attaching the bracket to the wall not the speaker.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 09:15 PM
I didn't say that... I said that they come with wood screws.
Anyway, I use the supplied bolt that came with my QS8's.
Posted By: Lorenzo1000 Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 09:24 PM
Sorry TLeigh I didn't mean to imply that you were suggesting that I was just clarifying for the benefit of others.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 09:28 PM
No problem. I realized what happened.
Posted By: Adam101 Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 09:36 PM
tleigh, what size was the bolts that came with the speakers?
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Full Metal Bracket Question - 08/06/04 09:56 PM
I'll have to check.
© Axiom Message Boards