Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack QS8 mounting question - 09/08/04 02:49 PM
Hey folks,
My factory outlet Qs8's should be arriving in the next week or so...I'm trying to plan how I'm going to mount these babies from my ceiling around the viewing area.

Does anybody know the bolt hole pattern on the back of the Qs8's and what thread is used, I can't find any specs or drawings showing these measurments. I don't think the FMB will hang them low enough for me to allow the top driver to breath. I'll probably try to make a DIY bracket or something and trying to plan ahead...thanks, Randy

Posted By: ringmir Re: QS8 mounting question - 09/08/04 03:09 PM
There's two brackets on the back for it to slide onto the included "T" bracket, and there's also a single bolt to hold it to the FMB. That bolt is centered laterally, towards the top of the speaker on the back. I'd have to look at home if you need more info, but I imagine you could construct your own mount (provided they weren't too thick) and just drill out a hole to pass that bolt through. There's a metal threaded insert in the QS8 housing that accepts that bolt, it's a very sturdy feeling connection point.
© Axiom Message Boards