Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jandrew grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/04/04 04:31 PM
This is starting to happen on two of my 4 M3's; the cloth is pulling away from the frame. Questions:

1. is this covered under warranty? If so, is it worth getting them replaced, have the grilles been redesigned to avoid this problem?
2. If not, what kind of glue should I use to reattach them?
Posted By: BrenR Re: grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/04/04 04:44 PM
It's a sign from the audio gods to let those speakers go topless.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/04/04 05:09 PM
Give Axiom a call. They should be able to help you.
Posted By: alan Re: grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/04/04 05:37 PM
Hi jandrew,

Give Joe Vassallo a call on our toll-free line (he is in today) and outline the problem. I'm sure he'll send you some new grilles. The cloth pulling away from the frame shouldn't happen.

Regards,
Posted By: lomb7 Re: grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/06/04 07:35 PM
Cloth came off my QS4's and are getting replaced. Seems that the way they used to stick the cloth on was not working and they have not moved to a heat seal treatment.
Posted By: jandrew Re: grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/14/04 08:44 PM
Thanks to Axiom for responding so quickly and sending me out new grilles. I can see they have changed the way the cloth is affixed; it seems to have a seal that was not on my original grilles. Only problem is that I have four M3s, and I talked to I think John and he said he would send out two pairs, but then only sent one pair. Could I get you guys to send me another pair?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: grille cloth coming unglued on my M3s - 10/14/04 09:20 PM
I'd give them a call. You'll get a faster response.
© Axiom Message Boards