Axiom Home Page
Hi,
More questions from me.

1. Is there such thing as a neutral receiver aka not too bright and not too flat?
2. I'm not sure how you test speakers but when they do, what receiver does Axiom use to measure the performance of their speakers?
Ex. When testing out device drivers, Micrsoft requires you to pass WHQL in order to get your driver digital sign.
Is there such a thing for speakers like a standardize testing? What receiver does Axiom use to optimize their speaker performane?
3. Using a neutral receiver, assuming there is such a thing, would Axiom speakers be classify as rich, flat, etc...? If I know Axiom speakers are rich, then I can pair it up with a receiver that is not rich in sounding.

Thanks!

Wow.

People are passionate about such things around here. You should peruse the forums a bit. Many people believe that all solid-state receivers (amps) sound exactly the same. Many believe they can hear differences. I only (sometimes) know what goes on in my head, so cannot comment on what other people might be able to hear.

Axiom board regulars have reported satisfactory results with many receiver brands, including Denon, HK, Yamaha, and Onkyo as well as separates.

Axiom staff have recommended HK and Denon receivers relative to driving the 4 ohm M80 model.

At the risk of fueling a stinky fire, my opinion about the differences between solid state receivers is that it is more useful to ask about features v. price rather than sound quality. If you absolutely must torture yourself with the "warm v. sterile" receiver quandary, you must do it under controlled conditions (double-blind testing) and you should ask -

1. Is there a difference?
2. If it exists, can *I* perceive the difference?
3. If I can perceive the difference, do I have a preference?
4. If I have a preference, is the increased cost/trouble a good *value* to me?

To ME, any subtle receiver differences that might exist within certain price ranges fall somewhere between impreceptible and insignificant. To ME, changing speakers made a huge difference and changing receivers did not. To me. Not anybody else. Just me.

It's o-beer-thirty somewhere.
Wow, Tom. Deftly and diplomatically handled! Nice job.
i second that opinion. well done tom..

bigjohn
I third it, but nobody respects my opinion around here anyway. I don't get no respect. people post funny pictures of me, and......
Well, Mike, I'm just following your fine example; your posted link at least temporarily avoided another break-in quagmire.

Now, let's all give Jack a big hug or a box of Hickory Farms or something. We love you, man!
Awwww..... poor Jack. We should all be nicer to him.

And pick on Ray! Woo!
Ditto ditto. I'll just add this. Look at the reviews linked from this site's home page. Reviewers generally describe Axioms as "neutral," "accurate, "clean," etc. So if you DO happen to hear something that sounds a bit off, it's not the speakers.
Screw "nice." Send money!!!!!!
Ummmm....no. No. That's it. No.
I say lets post more funny pics of him.
Posted By: bray did a search for..... - 11/19/04 09:42 PM
I did a search for that "are you brave enough to show your face" thread and came up with notta. Can anyone help?
Posted By: dmn23 Re: did a search for..... - 11/19/04 09:43 PM
Here you go.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: did a search for..... - 11/19/04 09:50 PM
mike is 'on time'.. he ALWAYS finds the links to them old threads.

i think dmn23 has taken the position as 'Official Axiom archives and data researcher'. i think you get a plaque for that?

bigjohn
Posted By: bray Re: did a search for..... - 11/19/04 09:52 PM
Mucho Gracias.
Posted By: dmn23 Re: did a search for..... - 11/19/04 09:54 PM
Zero problemo.
<< Many people believe that all solid-state receivers (amps) sound exactly the same. >>

What are the opinions here from tube/valve amp fans?
try this for an opinion or two on tubes .
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=53372&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
I guess I missed the funny pictures. I want to see them, please.
I fail to see the humor.

© Axiom Message Boards