Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Michael_A New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/12/05 09:30 PM
I noticed that Axiom has added new pictures to the "product" pages. I was looking at the M60 pictures, and notice that if you click on the "black grills" link on the light maple section, you see what looks like an M60, but if you look closely, you will see that the top port on the back of the right speaker is missing. It kinda looks like the back of an M40, but it has the bi-wirable connections at the bottom. The M40 and M50 product pages only show single connections.

So, what speaker are we really looking at in the picture?
Posted By: JaimeG Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/12/05 09:59 PM
I think it's just a bug.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/12/05 10:05 PM
Yep, it appears the web designer is pointing to the wrong picture, as the others seem to work....may cause a lost sale if someone wants two ports
Posted By: spiffnme Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/12/05 11:51 PM
Very interesting...

Great eye too...I wonder what speaker that is? There's no speaker in the current line up that is bi-wirable, and has a single port in the middle of the cabinet. None.

What speaker is that a picture of?

Posted By: Ken.C Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 12:14 AM
I'm guessing it's just a badly photoshopped pic. Notice that all of the speakers are in the exact same position. They just photoshop the textures on, and somebody accidentally erased the top port.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 12:39 AM
Good guess. Yer probably right.

Posted By: bray Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 01:37 AM
They are actually all different photos. Took alot of looking, but they are different. Pull up a new window and compare them side by side and you'll see a notch where the speakers meet on one photo that you dont see on the other. The lighting is slightly different also.
Usually when shooting something like that you will just mark the edges with something before you pick them up and replace them with another color.
As for the other colors those are different too, and from what I can tell were probably shot a different times.
Usually when dealing with drastically different colors, photoshop isnt the best way to go.
As for the missing port, someone screwed up either in retouching or manufacturing. Someone was probably supposed to retouch in a port hole on a mock-up speaker.
IMPO

Posted By: Ray3 Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 01:47 AM
I'm guessing the gang at Axiom are reading this thread and LOL.

UNLESS it IS a new speaker.
Posted By: bray Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 02:03 AM
I hope so.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 03:10 AM
It's the top stage of the new Axiom 100 that I'm secretely testing:

Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 05:28 PM
Ahh! the M410, i've heard of those before....
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 05:37 PM
doesnt that come in a double-barrel model?

bigjohn
Posted By: Michael_A Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 05:44 PM
Funny the thinks we find when we are bored.

Alan? What's the deal, bro? New speaker, or some joker with Photoshop teasing us?
In reply to:

doesnt that come in a double-barrel model?

Only in Tennesee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Texas, and Georgia. That's banned everywhere else. And the California model has to have a label on it saying that it may cause cancer.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 05:50 PM
actually, in texas, we have a quad-barrel model.. and the label says, "this product HAS been tested on animals, and it kilt 'em all dead!"

bigjohn
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 05:51 PM
yeah, i had to break mine down into two seperate pieces lest the authorities come and confiscate it!
Posted By: Michael_A Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 05:52 PM
Haha... VERY funny..
Posted By: snakeyes Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 07:10 PM
Mark you are getting a lot of mileage out of that picture. lol (2 jokes in the same week)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 07:25 PM
I plan on it being "my thing". I'm going to see how many places I can use it!

OK, not really. It would just annoy people (even more than I currently do!)
Posted By: alan Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 07:29 PM
Michael_A,

"The Case of the Missing Port" must be solved (sounds like a Sherlock Holmes episode!). We do have a new graphic designer, who's quite talented. Tim is a wild man with Photoshop. And we've shot a lot of new pictures in our in-house photo studio, just completed last Fall, which would explain the lighting differences. New camera, too. (Too many uncontrolled variables changing here. . .!)

No imminent new speaker introductions apart from something to mark Axiom's upcoming 25th Anniversary. Haven't seen or heard anything yet, but there's talk. . .

Regards,
Posted By: Ajax Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/13/05 07:50 PM
In reply to:

No imminent new speaker introductions apart from something to mark Axiom's upcoming 25th Anniversary. Haven't seen or heard anything yet, but there's talk. . .

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Drool, Drool. Pant Pant! He's SUCH a tease!

Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/14/05 03:29 PM
sounds like i better start sweet talkin the wife now...
Posted By: Dave Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/15/05 12:40 PM
Quote:

There's no speaker in the current line up that is bi-wirable, and has a single port in the middle of the cabinet. None.

End quote.

True enough, but my M60s, purchased roughly three years ago, have only one port on the rear. I suppose they were manufactured before this most current design. Cheers.

DS.
Posted By: TKHanson Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/16/05 03:38 AM
Alan:

When exactly is Axiom's 25th?
Posted By: Ajax Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/16/05 05:36 AM
I'm assuming it's the 25th anniversary of the founding of the company. I can't understand how that can be, because Amie is only 21.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/17/05 12:13 AM
You sure are a determined old codger.
Posted By: Ajax Re: New M60s or just a "funny" picture? - 01/17/05 12:24 AM
Hey! I'm buckin' for a free 25th anniversary gift. Don't bug me.
© Axiom Message Boards