Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JServ HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 08:29 PM
I bought this HSU vtf-2 about 5 months ago and it's been working great with my m22's until today. I went to sleep last night listening to some light classical music and the sub was working just fine. This morning I wake up and turn on my stereo and it's completely dead. I purchased it used from a friend who had it for about a year, so it's no longer under warranty. The problem appears to be with the power. The light on the back doesn't even come on when I flip the power switch. Any ideas? Is this easy to fix?
Posted By: Wid Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 08:33 PM

This happened to my Vtf-2 once and to find out the power cord had come loose.You could also check the fuse.Is the outlet working ok?
Posted By: snakeyes Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 08:35 PM
if your friend has original paperwork i think hsu has 5 year warranty.
Posted By: JServ Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 08:36 PM
Yeah, I tried the playing with the cord a bit, but no luck. I think I blew a fuse. It says on the hsu site to replace the fuse, but it doesn't really provide any instructions on doing so. Do i have to unscrew the entire back?
Posted By: snakeyes Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 08:38 PM
call them they can tell you if it is under warranty by the serial number also maybe they can advise on the fuse location too.
Posted By: Wid Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 08:40 PM

From the Hsu website

The AC power is not getting to the amplifier. There are several possible causes:

1) The amplifier’s fuse is blown. Check that the power cord is plugged in securely at both ends and make sure that the power outlet the subwoofer is plugged into is functioning properly.

2) The fuse is blown. Check the fuse. The fuse is located just above the power plug on the subwoofer. Unplug the power cord and remove the fuse holder with a screwdriver and check the fuse. If the fuse is blown, replace the fuse. If the fuse blows again, the output transistors are probably damaged. Email or call technical support for authorization to send the amplifier back for service.

Get the fuse rated according to what is written on the back of the amplifier.
Posted By: JServ Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 09:36 PM
ugh! I replaced the fuses and they keep blowing. Looks like i'll have to give hsu a call.
Posted By: Wid Re: HSU VTF-2 - 02/19/05 09:52 PM
The amp might still be under warranty.I do believe Hsu has a 2 year warranty on the electronics and 5 year on the woofer.If the sub is only 18 months old or so ya might be in luck.They are also a really good company to deal with.

Good luck
© Axiom Message Boards