Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snakeyes Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/21/05 11:27 PM
Im confused as to which cable to get. i just ordered a toshiba 52hm84 dlp tv and want to get a set of component cables (cable box has dvi but not enabled yet) from blue jeans but not sure which is best.
Thanx Jake

Posted By: Ray3 Re: Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/22/05 12:30 AM
Jake,

The 7710 and 1694 cables are exactly the same materials. The difference is that the 7710 is a 3 cable bundle in a sheath. The 1694 comes as single cables (in a set of 3).

I use the 1694 and am very happy with it. I opted for the 1694 because the 7710 is not very flexible. Aside from being harder to work with, I was concerned that the 7710 would stress the connectors (and you know how awful THAT can be ).

The Canare connectors are top notch as well. No need to spend time wringing your hands. The quality is excellent, price is pretty good and the performance leaves nothing to be desired.

Just a hint - make sure you order enough length. Also a little known fact - they will make them to length for you.

Now, if you are interested, I can put you onto some $150/meter silver cable......
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/22/05 12:32 AM
ditto what Ray said, he beat me to the response
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/22/05 12:34 AM
Pretty quick for on old guy with one tooth and a hitch in his gitalong Randy!
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/22/05 12:36 AM
In reply to:

Now, if you are interested, I can put you onto some $150/meter silver cable......

Nah i think if i were going to do that i would probably take the 4 hour drive down to your place and have you kick me in the junk instead. lol
also thanks for the info
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/22/05 12:37 AM
oh any thoughts on dve vs. avia.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Which BlueJeans component cable - 02/22/05 12:52 AM
Pick your poison. I use Avia, but only because of some comments I originally read indicating it might be a little better for working with your sub. They both end up being able to balance your speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards