Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mikei Wiring Video - 06/12/05 09:08 PM
Should I wire my video directly to the tv and only use my receiver for audio????

Any advice would be helpful.

Mike
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Wiring Video - 06/12/05 09:49 PM
Thats the way I did it. No reason other than the shortest route seems to make the most sense.
Posted By: mikei Re: Wiring Video - 06/12/05 09:55 PM
Should I run sound from my dvd and sat directly to the tv via rca AND run it digitally to my receiver as well? That way, if I didn't want use my speaker set late at night and just use the tv's speakers.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Wiring Video - 06/12/05 10:04 PM
That's how I have my dvd player and cable box setup as well. A pair of low cost rca plugs will be fine for each device.

Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Wiring Video - 06/12/05 10:04 PM
Can't help you there. My TV came with separate speakers, They are currently in my basement in an unopened box. The only sound I want is from the Axioms.
I am pretty sure though that a few other people here use their TV speakers at times. I'm sure they'll pop up with some advice.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Wiring Video - 06/13/05 02:29 AM
If you have a remote that's easy enoigh to operate and a tv that accepts more than one input, straight to the TV.

I use the upconversion from cable to receiver to component to plasma. I tested the direct connection and through the receiver is as good on my 3805.
© Axiom Message Boards