Axiom Home Page
I was wondering if its possible to change the position of the EP600 from Horizontal to Vertical, by means of loosing the driver and rotating the amp-driver assembly?

The reason I am asking, is that I might move soon, and possibly get a EP600, and I dont want to get stuck with one orientation in case I need to relocate the sub.

Any hint? As per the picture, the vented port is still towards the bottom of the enclosure in both orientations, so it might just need to rotate the driver-amp assy. and leave the port the way it is.

Regards
Alberto, it wouldn't appear to be necessary to do any rotating(except of course rotating the entire sub from one orientation to the other). The supporting rubber or spiked feet are on different surfaces in the two orientations so some provision for any desired support would have to be made, but the driver and amplifier wouldn't have to be moved.
if what john says about the internals is true maybe axiom could put the feet on the side and the bottom for dual purpose. or at least that sounds really simple to me because i have no clue about how the production works. but you could always ask.
The issue is mostly feet and logo related. You can't take the feet out when you turn it or else you would have holes in your sub - not a good thing - and your logo will be reading sideways. In a lot of home theaters that wouldn't be a big deal, but in some it would be.
I just realize that my original idea of rotating the amp will not work, as the plate is not square, but rectangular... some of you must catch it already, ooops. I asked this question without thinking for a second, as it was late night and I was sleepy.

About the feet and logo, I think in case I had to, I could live with it. Maybe if I order one, I can ask for the side holes to be drilled just in case...

thanks
Regarding whether or nor it's possible to change the orientation of the EP600.... I'd say that many would answer no.... though there are some that believe it can and should be done.

My personal belief is that the EP600 is born with a particular orientation. It is not something that the sub "chooses", and therefore, it's incorrect to believe that it can be, nor should be, changed. "Live and Let Live" I say.
LMAO
The holes might be bad acoustically, though.
I heard Ian is going to add a down-firing version of the EP600 for Ilkka, with the feet attached to the front of the sub
Maybe Ian could make the enlosure a little bigger to place Ilkka inside?
You guys are relentless. I like that.
Why make it bigger??? I bet we could fit him in an EP125 given the right circumstances...
In reply to:

Maybe Ian could make the enlosure a little bigger to place Ilkka inside?

Ok. Rockhead gets my vote for post of the week.
Jakeman,
Actually, I toned it down compared to what I first started with!
Thanks for the vote.
Cheers,
Shaun
John.......I thought the down-firing sub was going to be on the EP1000.
You're a very bad man, Dennis.
>.John.......I thought the down-firing sub was going to be on the EP1000.

Yeah, but we promised...
I'm just curious as to why you would want to change the 600's orientation. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but why would you need a gay subwoofer?
That joke has already been made.... and better! See above!
Darn it. Late AGAIN!!!!

Well, I'm just getting back in the saddle. Work with me a bit.
© Axiom Message Boards