Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BrenR SPL Meters - 12/23/05 09:02 AM
Any of you see RadShack Part #33-2055 in stores anymore? (the ubiquitous digital SPL meter) since I left mine behind when I left the arena, RadShack here has turned into "The Source" (You've Got Questions - We've Got Blank Stares) and they no longer sell one.

RadioShack.com is out in their online store it seems.

And here I'd held off on replacing my meters since "Christmas was rapidly approaching"...

Bren R.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: SPL Meters - 12/23/05 09:24 AM
Haven't really checked recently. I haven't had anymore half-baked DIY projects in the works, so no trips to rat shack. Kinda surprised if they are out of the digital meter.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: SPL Meters - 12/23/05 03:23 PM
Hi Bren,
how about eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/RadioShack-Radio-Shack-33-2050-Sound-Level-Meter_W0QQitemZ7573392008QQcategoryZ4678QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: SPL Meters - 12/23/05 05:22 PM
Bren,
You will probably have to wait until the new stock arrives. I bought one just recently when I was in California during the U.S. Thanksgiving. They had analog and digital models available. Another option would be to ask one of the board members in the U.S. to pick one up for you? Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.
Cheers,
Shaun

Posted By: samandnoah Re: SPL Meters - 12/23/05 06:33 PM
Hey Bren--

In the spirit of the season, I'd be happy to go pick one up for you and mail it off. Just let me know!

Take care,
Rich
Posted By: BrenR Re: SPL Meters - 12/23/05 06:51 PM
Thanks for the offer... already got a few offers in PM about picking me up one. I'll be taking one of them. Big leap of faith, but I appreciate it.

Bren R.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: SPL Meters - 12/23/05 11:41 PM
Yea, I definately got the blank stare look when I asked for a "digital SPL meter please." They are all out of stock online, and the worker had to get the manager who simply pointed to the corner "there." They had about 5 or 6. Total price was $55 with tax.
© Axiom Message Boards