Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SoundMan Anyone in North Carolina? - 09/12/07 03:39 PM
Hey, I've been trying to audition some Axioms, but haven't found anyone in my area. I sure would like to hear them. I am in Rocky Mount, so if anyone is anywhere near there, please let me know. I'd love to have a listen. Thanks.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 09/13/07 02:28 AM
Sound, welcome. If you check the list at the beginning of the Audition thread above, you'll see M60s in Raleigh. It's usual to try to make contact by way of a PM, but since it's been more than a year since he's posted, he may not check this site very often. You could contact Amie or Andrea at Axiom to see if they could assist in arranging something.
Posted By: BigRed Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 10/11/07 10:15 PM
I live in Raleigh and would love to see a demo of the Axiom's as well.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 10/11/07 10:20 PM
see or hear? \:\)
Posted By: BigRed Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 10/12/07 12:22 AM
Symantics \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 10/12/07 01:17 AM
what's antivirus have to do with this?
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 10/13/07 11:25 AM
 Quote:
what's antivirus have to do with this?

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 10/13/07 01:02 PM
My AVG just quarantined Peter's post. \:\)
Posted By: jonahbug Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 12/04/07 09:40 PM
you should take a look at some surrounding areas in North and South Carolina. Just make a road trip out of it. If you are ever in the Atlanta area, you are welcome to demo my set up. I have the m80's, vp150, qs8's, and the ep500. They are set up in a typical great room area.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/18/08 01:47 AM
I thought I would bump this back up the list. I am interested in the Epic 60 - 500 setup but it seems our Raleigh contact is not active at this time. I am in the Winston / Greesboro area and wondered if there is anyone close by that is willing to audition?...........Argon
Posted By: rahimlee54 Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/20/08 01:54 PM
I am also intrested in Raleigh NC as well.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/21/08 12:54 AM
For Now, it looks like we are out of luck in NC. I think I am prepared to buy sight unseen or unheard as it were - it would be nice to hear them first. ANYthing would sound better than the conglomeration that I have now - I just like to know that I am getting the best for the money I spend.......Rob
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/21/08 03:29 PM
Rob, you can just order the M60s and see if you like them. If you do, order the rest of the package--I'm sure Axiom will honor the package deal discount as long as you order within 30 days. Easier and cheaper to ship back two speakers instead of six.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/22/08 02:19 AM
St Pat,
Wise advice....I can't help but think I would be fine with the entire system...saving up now with the intent to go for the end zone...as it were..........Rob
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/22/08 02:37 AM
Nothing like going for the gusto all at once! \:\)

I'll think you'll be fine with your choice of speakers.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/21/08 12:02 AM
No need to get excited. Just thought I would bump this since it has been 4 months..........Rob
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/21/08 05:30 PM
Are you closer to the end zone?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/21/08 05:50 PM
Depends on how kinky his wife is.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/22/08 12:15 AM
No way! Someone found an old thread where I actually gave good advice!!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/22/08 06:15 AM
Broken clock.

Black hole.

Lightning.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/22/08 01:09 PM
Gee, thanks, Ken. . .
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/22/08 04:58 PM
How close am I to the End Zone......Since I went with the Sony XBR52 right before Thanksgiving, then picked up a Harmony remote when I returned from Spain in March, I would classify myself as still outside the "Red Zone". ON the other hand, my running game is sporadic so you never know when I can or will go long. The Harmony gained mega WAF, by the way........
Posted By: fredk Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 08/23/08 05:46 PM
Gotcha. So many toys, so little time. ;\)

I did it the other way around. I'm holding out for bluray until players and receivers with HDMI 1.3 support get a little cheaper.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/25/09 12:30 PM
Just thought I would bump this to the top to see if there are any Tarheels lurking out there that would be willing to audition.........
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/25/09 01:31 PM
Have you sent a PM to any of these folks?

Asheville - M60s, VP150, QS8s (geoffrey)
Asheville - M60, VP150 and QS8 (RickCathey)
Charlotte - M80s, VP150, QS8s, EP600 (neb)
Raleigh - M60s, VP150, QS8s, EP500 (NEW2AXIOM)
Raleigh - M22 (rome2000)

I think New2Axiom is a fairly new member...
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/26/09 01:40 PM
Thanks, Mr. Sirquack - I have not. Looks like any of those drives are ~ 2-3 hours. I should finally have the $$ around May so as that time gets closer, I will try the PM given that no one pops up closer like Greensboro or Winston-Salem. You would think that somebody in this area would have taken a chance on Axioms? The original reco came from a guy who (I can't remember the brand) had speakers that were literally a foot taller than me. That old picture with the guy sitting in a chair in front of a speaker with his hair blowing straight back comes to mind. Anyway, this guy is the most serious audiophile that I know and he recommended Axioms - but I think it was based on some of his various friend's opinions..............Rob
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/26/09 02:37 PM
Are you talking about John's (Jakeman) TDK avatar? Maybe your to young to remember TDK.

Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/26/09 05:51 PM
THAT would be the one - and I can assure you, I am not too young to remember TDK nor 8 Track - nor 4 Track nor the Who album in Quad sound nor Lloyd Transistor Radios tied to my bike handlbars playing WTOB 1380 AM nor when the first FM pop music station came on line in Greensboro nor Dialing for Dollars - I better stop......
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/26/09 06:35 PM
As long as you remember FM converters and Lloyd Radios your good. \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/26/09 07:19 PM
Or those power booster units that mounted under the dash to boost your speaker-level outputs of your head unit.

I think mine was a Kraco! \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/26/09 07:28 PM
ha ha, I used to have one of those....lol
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/27/09 02:20 AM
My Dad had a 9 band radio (Can't recall the name right off - it had a map of the world embossed on the dial cover) that had FM - at the time all the song stations were AM - one night I was playing around on all the bands and that is when I discovered the FM "Pop" station. It was sooo clear - that was the begining of Upgraditis for me....Rob
Posted By: Zarak Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/27/09 03:51 AM
Shouldn't you be rooting for the Deacs and not the tarheels if you're near Winston Salem??!!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/27/09 05:06 AM
Rob, possibly one of the AM/FM/Shortwave units from Allied Radio.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 02/27/09 12:19 PM
John, Thanks for jogging my memory that was it, Allied - it did have shortwave bands - you could listen but not transmit.

Zarak, As for the Stinkin Dinkins - I am a UNC Grad so I bleed Tarheel Blue. Having said that, I have mellowed some. One of the assistant coaches for Wake, Mike Muse, used to play Little League Baseball with my brother - so I know him. To top it off, One of the upcoming recruits for Wake, CJ Harris, went to school with my youngest daughter until his sophomore year. His dad worked where I do for a time as well. I went to the local High School Playoff game Wednesday and sat with CJ's dad. Most of Wake's coaching staff was there including Dino Gaudio. A full ride to Wake is worth a nice chunk of change. Long Story short, I guess I will pull for the Deacs unless they are playing the Heels.........
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/06/09 11:29 AM
This is my last bump before making a purchase. I have tried PM'ing some of the listed North Carolinians with no response. I can only assume that they are enjoying their systems and not cruising the forums. So.......
Posted By: JohnK Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/07/09 02:45 AM
Rob, keep in mind the suggestion in the reply to your first post: if unable to make direct contact by PM, consider contacting Axiom to see if they can assist. The fact that the North Carolina owners haven't been on the board for a while and don't check for PMs doesn't necessarily mean that they're no longer available for an audition(although that may be the case). In some situations Axiom has been able to set up a contact, although this doesn't always work out.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/07/09 03:32 AM
Exactly my thoughts when I first saw this thread. \:\)
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/07/09 11:27 AM
Thanks guys....I will contact Axiom - of course, I am most likely going to puchase anyway - the decision now is do I want to go with Cinnamon Beech or just do black from the FO....
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/07/09 11:18 PM
Jean Claude got back with me - he listed random cities - I don't think any were in NC and several are on the other side of the country. Oh well....I guess I'll end up being one that goes with the rave reviews that all of you give.....Rob
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/08/09 12:14 AM
I would call during the day and talk to Noreen or send an email to James @ Axiom . com he is the one that replaced Amie on the audition thread. I am not sure JC is familiar with the process.
Posted By: Argon Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/08/09 11:09 AM
Thanks....I will do that when I get home tonight. You have been most helpful!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in North Carolina? - 04/08/09 06:14 PM
I just hope you get to have a listen, but heck, you might just be happy if you order some. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards