Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie Calgary Get Together? - 10/16/07 11:17 PM
Hello Western Friends!

Alan and I are going to be out 'your way' during the first week in December and we'd love to meet you! Anyone interested in hooking up over a delicious beverage?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 12:00 AM
I am soooooo jealous. \:\) When is the midwest US trip planned?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 12:10 AM
When and Where?
I will try to be there!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 01:36 AM
Now that the city of Calgary has cancelled the Santa Claus parade, I'm sure we'll all have time to visit with you \:\) .

It would actually be an honor to have both of you visit with us.
Posted By: Amie Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 02:14 AM
Can't wait to meet you both! We're staying west of Calgary but we're flexible! Any suggestions for a good place to meet?

We have to get planning so sirquack can join us!

PS - Mojo, you're not expecting us to put on Santa outfits, right? Although I could lasso a deer to bring out as a pseudo Rudolph . . .
Posted By: framer2180 Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 02:32 AM
Would love to join you. What is your timing?

Greg
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 03:21 AM
Santa Ian, I would like an A1400-8 and one for Mojo too. And if possible an EP600 for my stocking please.\:\)

No need to lasso a deer, we have lots of them around here, afterall the main north south highway inside Calgary is named Deerfoot trail, I mean the Deerfoot 500.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 08:51 AM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Alan and I are going to be out 'your way' during the first week in December and we'd love to meet you! Anyone interested in hooking up over a delicious beverage?
And I guess you're flying right over Manitoba? Harumph.

Bren R.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 09:04 AM
Doesn't everybody?
Posted By: Amie Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 11:02 AM
What's the best night for everybody? Wednesday?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 12:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
I am soooooo jealous. \:\)

Me too! I'm
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 01:44 PM
I personally cannot do a wednesday night, I have a music rehersal those nights every week, however, if that is the night you choose, I will have to forgo the meet!

Usually the best nights for me are tuesday and thursday...and I think I have a gig the friday of the first week of December...

Thanks,
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 04:00 PM
Wednesday sounds great to me.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 04:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Wednesday sounds great to me.

Thanks alot you jerk!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 04:05 PM
What I should have said is that any night works for me.
Posted By: Bayne Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 06:20 PM
I'll be there, and probably bring a friend who's close to becoming a fellow Axiom owner. I'm free any evening, but Thursday would be my preferred night.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 09:23 PM
Amie,

You may want to send e-mails to other Axiom owners like Neutron and Paul_Bassi. They don't appear to be active on the boards anymore.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 09:30 PM
You'll probably have more luck with Paul. He was active more recently, by my memory.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/17/07 10:21 PM
As I work evenings, I have to miss. I am used to it. Now I feel like Bren.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 01:56 AM
 Quote:
Now I feel like Bren.

Eeww. You might want to take something for that.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 02:03 AM
2 Axioms and I will call you in the morning!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 02:05 AM
Now that diagnosis I like!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 02:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: BrenR
 Originally Posted By: Amie
And I guess you're flying right over Manitoba? Harumph.

Bren R.
And i was just about to say...
Posted By: icehawk21 Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 04:43 AM
I am not an active poster on this board as I'm a relative newcomer to the Axiom community but I wouldn't mind joining you guys for a beer. Any excuse to get out for a beer is always welcome!

Any night would probably work for me!

Bryan
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 05:31 AM
Did somebody say "beer?" Count me in!

By the way, somebody needs to come by and pick me up. I have many fun car games, including my favorite--"Name that Smell."
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 02:11 PM
Since you guys are staying west of Calgary (the only place I could think of would be Cochrane or Canmore) it may be best to meet downtown, or in Westhills. I live in the Westhills area so I can recommend some places.

I think that others live more East in Calgary so a downtown meet would make more sense...there are alot of places to hang out on steven avenue. Depending on what you guys really want, there is a wine and cheese place on steven avenue, its always booked up, I have never been but I think it would be a good time...not sure if they serve beer there as well.

They also have private rooms, I would recommend the stone cellar room, it can be setup for a more casual atmosphere ( I have been to a couple functions there before).

It would all depend on how many people are planning to attend.

http://www.crmr.com/divino/private_rooms_stone.php
Posted By: BrenR Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 08:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
 Quote:
Now I feel like Bren.
Eeww. You might want to take something for that.
.45 calbre aspirins?

Bren R.
Posted By: ctown Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 09:59 PM
When you decide when and where, keep me in the loop. If you are coming all the way from S.Ont. then I dont mind getting together on the west side of town for your convenience. There's the Seaniche Irish Pub in Westhills http://www.calgarysbestpubs.com/

I'm flying to Vancouver on the 7th, so could meet for a pint earlier in the week, wed is better for me. Love to meet you folks and get some suggestions for more speakers for family room 2ch setup( I think I'm convinced of VP150 for my CC).
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 10:18 PM
I can vouch for the seaniche...its a good little pub.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/18/07 11:44 PM
You want to come by some time to compare?
Posted By: BrenR Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 03:34 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Please let him be talking about speakers...

Bren R.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 03:57 AM

Bren R.

You just keep hammering away today don't ya?
\:D

So are you getting any free rides at the MTS Centre for the upcoming Bon Jovi concert?
The excitement to go is about as much as a root canal for me.

Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 04:13 AM
Don't get me started. I would boycott the MTS Centre if I lived in Winnipeg. The interesting downtown of the early 80s was destroyed in favor of making Cadillac Fairview rich and wealthy.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 05:21 AM
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo
So are you getting any free rides at the MTS Centre for the upcoming Bon Jovi concert?
No, I walked out of there over 2 years ago... the lunatics running the asylum and all that. Haven't been back as a patron either. Mostly a lot of "classic acts" playing there... or, Golden Moldies if you will.

I got out of the 80s... I feel no need to go back.

Bren R.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 02:36 PM
The only thing good about the 80s being "in" this decade is that they're making way for the 90s comeback next decade.
Posted By: Amie Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 02:40 PM
As I work evenings, I have to miss. I am used to it. Now I feel like Bren.

Well, Alan and I could certainly come in earlier and meet you (and any other nightowls), in the afternoon before the actual GTG. It would be a shame to be so close and not meet!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 02:47 PM
No, the good thing about the 80s being "in" this decade is that the 70s are slowly losing their horrible, slimy grasp. Now if only we could get rid of the "pimp" trend, too.
Posted By: ctown Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 04:03 PM

Bren R.

I hope so too. At least the phrase "hook-up" wasnt used.

I'm pretty much sold on getting a VP150 over the 100. Its the question of how much better are the M3's vs M2's for a 2ch setup.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 05:35 PM
My feeling based on reports here and having heard the warmth the 6 1/2 driver adds in the M60 is that the M3 is a nicer/fuller sound than the M22s and the 5 1/4 drivers detailed sound. I guess you need to 'hook up' with Robb.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 06:04 PM
if you guys are planning another GTG, I can bring my M3s & M2s along for the ride if ya want!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/19/07 11:59 PM
Well, at least now you're willing to pay the price of admission \:D . We do need to get together again to compare the M44 centre to the VP150. What's an M44 you ask? You'll have to wait and see 'cause it's not what you think \:\) . So yes, you are welcome over and we'll jointly arrange the date between the three of us.
Posted By: ctown Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 03:35 PM
If you guys are setting up some speaker comparisons, let me know and I'd like to weasel in and listen to some M3's if possible. I'm around Deerfoot and Anderson, so anywhere is close enough for me...except Cochrane.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 07:55 PM
You're 5 minutes away from me. How fortunate for you that you have an Epic 80/600 system so close to you \:\) .
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 08:44 PM
So now we just need Robb, as he is the only one with M3s, and a time set for yet one more session.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 09:11 PM
Now that winter is coming, Saturday afternoon's will work good for me I think!

I can bring the M2s and M3s, although the M2s will sound alot like the M22s but with alot less bass.
Posted By: ctown Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 09:30 PM
You're 5 minutes away from me. How fortunate for you that you have an Epic 80/600 system so close to you \:\) .

I'm in Bonavista, where you at? I know I'll be jealous, as my M22's, QS8's and STF3 wont compare to M80's....but I'm on anti-upgrade medication so should be fine.

Hutzal, if 2's just sound like M22's with less bass I know what that is like. I'm probably wanting some M3's for my family room, but would be nice to hear them for sure.

Later, Al
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 10:23 PM
I am busy this weekend, but I could drop off the M60s at Mojos on Friday(Ok with you?), if it happens this weekend.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/22/07 10:24 PM
I am not entirely sure this weekend will work either...just throwing out the sat afternoons out there...I got a friend that is looking at either M80s or M60s...I am sure he would love to come out, he is in the McKenzie Town Area.

I'll talk to him and see what he says. I have been convincing him about Axioms since I got obsessed with them...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 12:23 AM
I was just saying I could get them down to Mojo's as I know these things can come together quickly. The M60's will be off to Axiom by next weekend I believe.
Posted By: ctown Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 01:33 AM
fellas, I'm busy this Sat. too, but keep me informed. My sched is all over the place with my 2 kids.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 01:56 AM
I'm in West Southwood.

Unfortunately this weekend will be busy for me too. When we do get together, Robb should also bring his 500 and ctown his Hsu. And Jason if you bring your sub, we'll have a total of 5 subs including my Sony. I want to test how well my walls have been glued and screwed \:D . And we'll need extra sub cables as well.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 02:03 AM
Good thinking on the HSU, that is a must for admission Al!

So, we have now established that this weekend is out and thoroughly hijacked this thread. How about next weekend? And lets take this to PMs.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 05:08 PM
God help me, I actually mapquested that you're only about 700 miles away from me.

Hope you guys have a great time. Remember the food, beer and pictures.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 05:15 PM
It is possible to make it, as long as you don't like to sleep. I have a couple of friends that went to see Boston, in your area back in the mid 80's and they left the night before drove all night, slept in the car a few hours before the concert and then drove all the way back. I would have gone too, but I had to work and couldn't get the time off.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 05:19 PM
Tom's in Washington state. So he's on the west coast. Boston is east. You must have been thinking Washington, District of Columbia.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 05:28 PM
I think he meant the band Boston. \:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 05:32 PM
Like I've said before, English is so imprecise \:\) .
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 06:12 PM
The saturday of Nov 3 works for me I think...you guys wanna do a mid-morning thing?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 06:39 PM
10:30 to 12:30 over here sounds good to me. My wife and kids will be out at that time. We could go later too but we'll have to turn it down a few dB.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 06:43 PM
I would rather do a morning thing, so would Jason I imagine..
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 06:49 PM
Well, I'm up at 6am but others may complain. How early do you want to meet?
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 06:49 PM
hehe, I meant that I am cool with 10:30 \:\) Man would that ever be sweet if someone could bring an EP400...man that would be awesome.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:05 PM
Someone willing to order an EP400? for testing purposes it should arrive well before then. I would cover the return shipping.

I am sending the M60s back this week so, we won't be able to do any more comparisons with them.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:07 PM
You may not have to return it since you're looking for a new sub anyway. I'm ordering it now.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:09 PM
Will you cover the return shipping on an A1400 as well \:\) ?
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:11 PM
Will you cover the return shipping on an A1400 as well \:\) ?

lol
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:12 PM
Someone willing to order an EP400? for testing purposes it should arrive well before then. I would cover the return shipping.

I am sending the M60s back this week so, we won't be able to do any more comparisons with them.

Jason,

you should think about trying out an EP400 with your M22s, you may want to keep that combo instead of floor standers...
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:16 PM
Robb, you were reading my mind.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:42 PM
I can't believe the EP400 would be that much different than Mojo's 600 when we tested the M22s there. The fuller sound added that extra little bit and I don't think I can live with out it now that I know I am missing just a little. Well it's not really missing, just not out there as much as it is with the Floorstanders.

I am not so sure you would be willing to let go of the A1400. Do any of us have preouts on our receivers? I know I don't.
Posted By: ctown Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:51 PM
My 5 yr old son has skating lessons on Sat at noon. I could drop by say 10am ish with my STF-3 and would have to bail early to get him to the rink on time and pickup the sub some other day from Mojo's.

I wanna hear the M3's mostly, but I'm sure I'll be blown away by M80's and an EP600. I'm out o town for a few days, catch up to you later.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:55 PM
Don't forget that the 400 is sealed and has an extended frequency response compared to the 600. It should sound different.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 09:56 PM
Ctown, that sounds good. I could even drop off your sub if need be.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 10:17 PM
My RX-V659 has pre-outs...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/23/07 10:33 PM
Uh-oh.....

I too have to be home by 1PM so this won't drag out too long at least not for me you two can stay as long as you like, especially you Mojo
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 02:28 AM
Well, a 400 is ordered in light maple and black grill. But Axiom, please don't ship to Calgary, Alabama .
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 02:34 AM
Do I hear anyone wanting to pay the return-shipping on a 350 as well \:\) .

Then we would have a 600, 500 (Robb's), a 400, a 350, a Sony, and a Hsu. We'll need some cables guys...long ones. We can daisy-chain them all around my room and watch the ceiling implode \:D .
Posted By: CV Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 03:23 AM
How much do you think return shipping on the 350 and A1400 would be? I wouldn't mind contributing to shipping just to see what everyone's thoughts are. \:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 03:32 AM
Well, ok, since we're discussing the 350 and A1400, why don't we also consider springing for an ED A7-900 as well ?
Posted By: CV Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 03:39 AM
Ha ha ha. I think you just hit my brick-wall filter.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 03:50 AM
LOL.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 03:59 AM
Shipping is free to CV's, all we have to do is get us there and back in 24hrs.
Posted By: CV Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 04:03 AM
Ha ha, good point. Make it happen.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 02:09 PM
Hey guys,

I made a new thread for our Calgary GTG on Nov 4/07, so we can give Amie her thread back!

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=180338#Post180338
Posted By: jakewash Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 09:31 PM
So what was the decision as to the original topic, since we hijacked this one so bad.

I believe it was still up in the air?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/24/07 09:40 PM
The Seaniche sounds good to me as long as it's not too loud. It would be ideal if we can hear each other talk. I would imagine we could book a couple of tables.
Posted By: Amie Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/25/07 10:41 AM
Hey, thanks for giving me my thread back \:\) The other date that is possible is Sunday afternoon / evening if that meant more people were able to join us / less conflict. What should we do, poll the days?
Posted By: Bayne Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/25/07 05:29 PM
I say do a poll. Once that's done, then it can be narrowed down to time and then place.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Calgary Get Together? - 10/25/07 06:12 PM
I concur.
Posted By: Amie Re: Calgary Get Together? - 11/08/07 10:26 PM
Okay, here's the poll!
Posted By: Amie Re: Calgary Get Together? - 11/08/07 10:27 PM
Sorry - vote for as many nights as you can make it and then we'll pick the best one!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Calgary Get Together? - 11/08/07 11:55 PM
How about one every night \:\) ?
© Axiom Message Boards