Axiom Home Page
Posted By: anthony11 Visitable Seattle system? - 04/28/08 05:53 PM
I'd like to briefly eyeball a set of Axioms, ideally M60 or M80-based but anything would be great, in the greater Seattle area. Donuts available as a bribe ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 04/28/08 07:25 PM
Hop on a plan to Iowa, I love doughnuts. \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 04/29/08 03:46 AM
Tattoo: Da plan! Da plan!
Posted By: JaredM Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 04/30/08 08:02 PM
Anthony, I'd be happy to have you over once my setup gets here in a couple weeks. I'm in Dupont though, an hour and half without traffic. I know it's a bit of a hike, my mom lives up there. I used to commute from there down to here every day for work, that lasted all of two months with 10,000 miles on the car.
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/01/08 07:59 AM
Thanks! I found someone in Puyallup, though, which is a bit closer and avoids the traffic nightmare that is Fife.

I got my Boston Cherry and Mansfield Beech samples today and wasn't as impressed with them as I'd hoped. Trying to talk myself into HGC or wood.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/01/08 11:07 PM
Hey, I know who lives in Puyallup, you better bring some beer. \:\)
Posted By: SRoode Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/01/08 11:35 PM
If you are bringing beer, come see me in Indy! ;\)
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/02/08 07:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: HomeDad
Hey, I know who lives in Puyallup, you better bring some beer. \:\)

That's what I figured, though since I don't care for the stuff myself he said not to bother :-/
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/03/08 05:52 AM
He's actually letting you in the door after admitting that? He's a better man than I give him credit for. \:D
Posted By: myrison Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/03/08 12:47 PM
The HGC is beautiful. There are a few pics in the link in my signature line if you're interested.
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/04/08 07:25 AM
Thanks! I'd seen your gallery before but not noticed the HGC. Photos and in-person can be quite different (I learned that looking at houses for sale!) but the HGC does look comparatively better. I dunno if I can justify the $600+ premium for it, though, for an Epic 80.350 package (or $500 without the sub).

I do wonder that a different vinyl costs so much more, and that wood veneer costs as much more yet. I can understand that the wood material probably costs more and there's labor to finish it, but that much?

Guess I need to decide what's important ... and what I can get past $spouse. And if I can forgo the sub.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/04/08 02:25 PM
Economies of scale, basically, for the vinyl. The wood? They do about 12 coats of finish by hand.
Posted By: ClayB Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/12/08 04:51 PM
 Originally Posted By: anthony11

I got my Boston Cherry and Mansfield Beech samples today and wasn't as impressed with them as I'd hoped. Trying to talk myself into HGC or wood.

Anthony, I got my beech M80s several weeks ago, love the sound, but like you was underwhelmed with the vinyl finish. I'm upgrading to wood, I think I'll be much happier! The best part is that I get to keep the vinyl speakers until the custom woods arrive!
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/17/08 07:09 AM
I got my HGC sample today. Definitely *much* nicer than the BC.
Posted By: ClayB Re: Visitable Seattle system? - 05/20/08 12:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: anthony11
I got my HGC sample today. Definitely *much* nicer than the BC.

Funny, My ValSallO Custom Wood sample arrived yesterday, and it rocked my world. Amazing grain and detail. On the back is a custom label that shows it was custom-built for me. No improvement on the sound there, but I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff! ;^)
© Axiom Message Boards