Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 03:26 PM
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/glow/one.html
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 04:23 PM
I feel that that reading that review has decayed my brain. What poorly written drivel. It's as if NBC's gymnastics announcer was writing it--how far can you stretch a metaphor?

Looks like kind of a cool product, at least, for a vaguely reasonable price, if you don't mind paying $100/watt. (Imagine an A1400/8 priced like that!)

However, if you're using a $30K source with $8K speakers, you're doing it wrong.

But to each their own. Me, I'd rather buy a car.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 04:34 PM
I think the point of the post was at the end of the review: "While that would still have you well ahead of the crappy MP3 Bose circus, once you added good little speakers -- say from any of the Canadians like Axiom, Paradigm, Energy, Mirage, PSB -- I wouldn't"
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 04:36 PM
Oh, I figured, but the article was so poorly written I almost missed that part. It was too painful.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 04:39 PM
What's with the bizzare photo-chop in the top picture on the second page? Looks like Scotty's is beaming in the amps. You can quite clearly see where those three have been cut-and-pasted into that photo.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 04:41 PM
Yeah, I think he's trying to be all artsy-fartsy. If you look in front of his stack of absurdly expensive equipment, the three are on the floor in front of it.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 06:14 PM
I couldn't stomach reading the whole thing but it does look like an interesting amp, especially w/ USB input.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 06:24 PM
That's not a review. It's a two-page orgasm. Pearl-white finish, indeed.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Read the whole review. - 08/19/08 07:40 PM
Maybe he was trying to give his girlfriend a nice pearl necklace.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Read the whole review. - 08/20/08 02:02 AM
Good grief. I had no idea you all were going to hate this guy! Now I don't dare post the link where he praises the M50's. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards