Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Brandon_G any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 01:58 AM
hi im looking to hear m3 ,m22 , m60 , vp150 , qs4 , qs8 and ep350 if any one can help me out i am in the newmarket but will travel some distance , i will bring timmies haha
Posted By: SirQuack Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 02:31 AM
Ummm, your like only 2hrs or less from the Axiom plant, I know where I would go audition. You will get the opportunity to go on a tour as well, meet the awesome people at Axiom, and listen to any speaker you want. If I was not 15hours away, that is what I would have done. \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 02:35 AM
Brandon, welcome. If you look at the list in the audition thread above you'll see several possibilities in the Toronto area. The usual procedure is to try to make direct contact by way of PMs. The list isn't completely current and some of those listed might not participate at this time.

Another possibility, which several living in your area have taken advantage of, is a trip up to Dwight for a listen and tour of Axiom headquarters.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 02:47 AM
 Quote:
If I was not 15hours away, that is what I would have done.

Don't forget to factor in the time it takes to get a passport if you don't already have one.
Posted By: JohnK Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 03:01 AM
Passport not required yet, Peter(driver's license, birth certificate).
Posted By: Ken.C Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 03:02 AM
You sure about that, John? I needed a passport to go to or get out of Mexico last year.
Posted By: RickF Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 03:10 AM
You can still get in and out of the Bahamas without having a passport.
Posted By: JohnK Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 03:16 AM
Not yet required for driving to Canada(or Mexico).
Posted By: RickF Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 03:24 AM
Here you go...

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

Posted By: fredk Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 04:50 AM
Brandon. Do directly to Axiom. Do not pass go. Do not collect... well, maybe you should collect a little cash on the way for those M80s. ;\)

A visit to Axiom with your favourite music and movie scenes will allow you to do direct a/b comparisons and decide which speaker is best for you.
Posted By: fredk Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 04:53 AM
Peter, come on in. Set a spell, relax. This is Canada (don't forget your Touque eh). Don't forget your pasport so they can let you back in to the US though.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 05:10 AM
Aaaah, I was flying. That explains it.
Posted By: fredk Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/20/08 05:09 PM
Are you still flying? That might 'splain a few other things too! \:D
i suppose listening at axiom would make the most sense do i have to book a appotiment ?
I would probably recommend it, just so you don't drop in sometime when everyone is in the middle of something. I'd call to see what they recommend!
Posted By: jakewash Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 01:52 AM
Brandon I so envy you, being so close to the factory, you will get an extra discount if you pick up the speakers from the factory in addition to the 5% HT discount and the 10% Factory outlet.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 03:34 AM
If I left now, I could get there by 1:30 tomorrow afternoon, that is if I didn't stop. \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 04:42 AM
I envy you as well Randy, you are still closer than I am.
Posted By: fredk Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 07:23 AM
Swisssh... board domination.... swisssh.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 12:53 PM
I'm only ~600 miles / 11 hours away, according to Google . That's 7 hours to the border, and then 4 hours to Dwight.

Road trip!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 02:34 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Swisssh... board domination.... swisssh.

Aren't n00bs cute?

*runs away quickly*
Yeesh, about a day and a half for me. . .
Posted By: terzaghi Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 03:00 PM
1,312 miles or 20.5 hours here \:\(
I say they build a small factory and listening room somewhere in the middle of the US to expediate shipping times... How about Tulsa,OK?
Posted By: jakewash Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 03:11 PM
3263kms about 1day 12 hrs for me.
Posted By: Wid Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 09:21 PM

It would be a 677 mile trip for me.
564 for me.... 11 hours....
Posted By: SRoode Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/21/08 11:48 PM
Google Maps said:

666 miles

Ohhhh, that's scary!
Posted By: doormat Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:07 AM
3147 km (1956 mi). 1 day, 13 hrs.
Posted By: jakewash Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:39 AM
Interesting, I am ~120 km further away and yet google came up with only 1 day and 12 hrs for me
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:42 AM
101.19 miles

2 hours 23 minutes

Question is, can my wheelchair make it on one charge \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Wid Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:44 AM

Put a nice V Twin in that baby with a nice fat tank and you'll be good to go \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:44 AM
Sure, if you hitch a ride along the way.;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:48 AM
That is what Wid is hoping, that he can hitch a ride with me. \:\)
Posted By: Wid Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 12:57 AM
I'll put on some inline skates a get a tow \:\) First I had better double up on my heart medication
how much cheaper would it be if i pick them up im guessing the same prices they say it would be to send them back after the 30 day trial ?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 01:31 AM
you save a little bit since Axiom doesn't have to pay for shipping.
Posted By: JohnK Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 02:20 AM
Yeah, Steve; but once you got into Canada you'd have to use kilometers, and you'd be safe because that would change the number.
Posted By: doormat Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 04:10 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Interesting, I am ~120 km further away and yet google came up with only 1 day and 12 hrs for me

Living north of nowhere means crappier roads. I get to cut diagonally through Sask.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/22/08 02:00 PM
Good times guys!! My wheelchair can go around 13 km per hr so I would recommend a helmet and some ski goggles; the movie Dumb and Dumber just came to mind \:\)
"Just go, man! Just go. . ."
 Originally Posted By: Brandon_G
i will bring timmies haha

hey never joke about bringing tims in canada
that's just some serious talk there

u better belive that Eh hahah
Posted By: SirQuack Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/23/08 02:52 AM
and a little back bacon would be nice, eh.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/24/08 12:45 AM
Jeeze I had to google Timmies to figure that one out.

Posted By: HAY Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/25/08 09:32 PM
Actually, as much as I love TIMMY!! Timmies is our major coffee place Tim Hortons...
Posted By: fredk Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/26/08 12:45 AM
Methihks Timmy is smiling like that because he just consumed a dozen timbits and his eyes are bugged out like that because he is on his third extra large double-double.
Posted By: Murph Re: any axiom in the newmarket ontario area - 09/26/08 12:43 PM
I smile, laugh out loud actually, every time someone comes over to play Rock Band and unknowingly chooses the "Lords of the Underworld" song, AKA South Park characters, and someone has to try to sing along to the lyrics of Timmy sreaming out his name over and over again in about a hundred variations.
© Axiom Message Boards