Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Shane White Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/09/08 02:38 AM
If so, I've love to hear from you \:\)

Shane
It would seem not \:\)
Posted By: grunt Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/10/08 02:04 AM
Welcome Shane,

I’ve lived in New Zealand but made it only as far West as Sydney and Canberra. I wanted to make it the West coast to surf but never got the time. Always hoped the locals were a little more friendly over there than the Dee Why and Narrabeen area.

Cheers,
Dean

P.S. What Axioms are you getting?

Posted By: JohnK Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/10/08 02:14 AM
No, Shane; it's highly unlikely. There apparently was only one Australian in the past who posted here, using dajlc. He hasn't posted in about three years, but had a few about four years ago. Not likely that it would be of any real interest to you, but his posts can be read by searching dajlc from 4-5 years ago(he also listed his email address in his page).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/10/08 01:24 PM
Yep, the only two showing on the audition list are on the other side of Australia. \:\) Maybe Amie or Andrea could help if you send them a PM at Axiom.
Yep, I don't think Axiom have much market penetration in Australia. I only heard about them by chance from the Slim Devices forum.

Grunt, I'm looking at getting a pair of M3's. Money is very tight ATM. I've been saving birthday and Christmas money.

Shane
Posted By: Graeme L Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/11/08 02:28 PM
Hi there Shane, I am in Perth, Morley to be exact. I have just ordered the QS8's and the VP150. Hopefully they will arive late this week or early the following week.

Where abouts are you?

Graeme
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/11/08 05:39 PM
Oh my, the "Outbacks" are taking over. \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/11/08 09:18 PM
I think they call it "taking under". ;\)
Posted By: Graeme L Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/12/08 12:06 AM
Yep all 2 of us \:\)

I am still amazed that Axiom actually ship to Australia. When it comes to electronics Australia is way behind, but when you live in Western Australia it's even worse.

We only discovered fire last week and still eat dinosaurs for dinner \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/12/08 12:32 AM
Not sure what ever happened to the Sydney guys? \:\)
Posted By: myrison Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/12/08 03:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: Graeme L

We only discovered fire last week and still eat dinosaurs for dinner \:\)

If you happen to need someone to grill up your monster, be sure to contact "Wid."

(If this reference makes no sense to you, check the "what are you eating thread" for some of Wid's masterpieces.

Jason
 Originally Posted By: Graeme L
Hi there Shane, I am in Perth, Morley to be exact. I have just ordered the QS8's and the VP150. Hopefully they will arive late this week or early the following week.

Where abouts are you?

Graeme

Hi Graeme,
I'm in Swan View - about 20 minutes from you. I checked out your other posts and see you've ordered HT components. I'm thinking of just a pair of M3's.

My wife isn't too impressed with any of the standard vinyl finishes, but I'm suspicious that they look better in reality. What finish have you ordered?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/13/08 01:40 PM
I will agree that Axiom's vinyl finishes are one of the best in the industry, you may even think it is real wood. \:\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/13/08 03:08 PM
Ah HA! So there IS someone in Perth afterall!
Posted By: Murph Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/14/08 01:44 PM
People always think my Boston Cherry vinyl finish is real wood. especially if you keep the dust off them.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 10/14/08 02:54 PM
I just did an audition and the guy was commenting on how the reviews on some forums say the worst part about Axioms was the vinyl finsh and he liked my veneer. I then told him it was the stock light maple finish and he was very surprised, he honestly thought it was real wood.
Posted By: leeroy Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/10/08 04:22 AM
Hey Shane.

If ya still looking. I have a pair of M-80's. An EP-600. A VP-150 and a pair of QS-8's. All finished in custom high gloss black. Had them for nearly 3 years now! Im down in Bunbury W.A
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/10/08 04:31 AM
awesome, another outback guy. \:\)
Posted By: Graeme L Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/10/08 06:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: leeroy
Hey Shane.

If ya still looking. I have a pair of M-80's. An EP-600. A VP-150 and a pair of QS-8's. All finished in custom high gloss black. Had them for nearly 3 years now! Im down in Bunbury W.A

Hey Leeroy, I just might give you a shout after Xmas, I would be interested in hearing the M80's. I nearly bought them today but my amp won't run them. I bought the EP500 instead.
Posted By: Graeme L Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/10/08 06:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: Shane White

Hi Graeme,
I'm in Swan View - about 20 minutes from you. I checked out your other posts and see you've ordered HT components. I'm thinking of just a pair of M3's.

My wife isn't too impressed with any of the standard vinyl finishes, but I'm suspicious that they look better in reality. What finish have you ordered?

Sorry to take so long to reply, The finish is excellent I don't think your wife would be disappointed.
Posted By: leeroy Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/11/08 02:02 PM
Hi Graeme,

No problem \:\) My email is beresford_1@hotmail.com
Posted By: myrison Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/11/08 02:46 PM
Leeroy - you may want to remove that mail address... web crawlers go out and find any posted e-mail address and add it to every spam list in existence. Better to send in a PM to avoid even more spam in your inbox!

Jason
Posted By: leeroy Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/11/08 04:25 PM
Thanks : ) to late for me to edit it. its a junk email anyways
Posted By: doormat Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 12:20 AM
Way to go Jason; you should have PMd him so that he could've edited his post. Once the next guy replies it's locked in!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 12:31 AM
Really? I was pretty sure it was a time thing.
Posted By: myrison Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 03:18 AM
I'm almost certain it is time-based, or it used to be.... I know I've edited stupid things I've said after someone pointed them out to me. ;\)

I did PM his as well and told him Axiom can probably kill it for him as well if he asks.

Jason
Posted By: JohnK Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 03:46 AM
Believe it's 30 minutes.

However, checking another reply I made tonight, I note that the "edit" box didn't expire for about 45 minutes.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 09:53 AM
I always thought it was just a 5 minute window, 45 minutes good to know.
Posted By: doormat Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 07:57 PM
Ha! Musta been thinking of another forum!
Must not drink and post (so early in the afternoon)!
Posted By: myrison Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 08:14 PM
Nah, don't let us stop you from that! \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/12/08 10:43 PM
The worst thing I drink is Coca-Cola.
 Originally Posted By: leeroy
Hey Shane.

Hi Leeroy. We're all coming out of the woodwork now. The falling Aussie dollar has postponed any plans to buy Axioms for a while, but it would be great to hear what I'm missing some time \:\)

Shane
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/15/08 07:27 PM
 Quote:
Must not drink and post

What else is there to do in an AB winter? ;\)
Posted By: onn Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/15/08 07:37 PM
Tom, how about mountain biking, skiing, walking, working, the possibilities are endless.
Mel N.
Mountain biking in -30C weather is a bit of a pain though
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/15/08 07:44 PM
Especially if you fall. Ow!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/15/08 09:51 PM
I was a bike courier in my younger years, at -30 and icy roads, it doesn't hurt much until you thaw out. \:D
Posted By: onn Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/15/08 10:03 PM
Jay I sure hope you weren't a courier in Calgary. You guys are crazy down there and the virus is spreading north
Mel N.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/15/08 10:29 PM
Yup, in Calgary. I was a courier way back in the mid 80's. The craziness wasn't too bad back then.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/16/08 01:01 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
The worst thing I drink is Coca-Cola.

Yeah? What is the best thing that you drink?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 12/16/08 04:28 PM
Water!
Posted By: jmone Re: Anybody from Perth, Western Australia? - 01/21/09 10:16 AM
Just checked in after the Chrismas Break - I'm in Syd if you ever out this way & I've nothing but praise for the quality of the equipment and the ease of doing business with Axiom.
Thanks
Nathan
© Axiom Message Boards