Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Seattle favor? - 03/07/09 04:47 PM
Hey, I have a bit of an odd request. I won't be able to attend any of the upcoming west coast tour dates announced by Rasputina, but I'd like to have someone go on my behalf. My sister lives in the Seattle area, but she's thinking she can't make it, either. Rasputina will be selling a limited edition CD (only 30 copies) at these shows. Seattle is the first west coast show, and it would be really amazing if I could snag one of the CDs. I would be willing to pay for tickets, gas, and food for someone willing to go to the concert and try to get me one.

The show is on March 23rd at Neumos.

Anyone interested?
Posted By: lhulls Re: Seattle favor? - 03/07/09 05:22 PM
I'll go, better open that cheque book CV. ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/07/09 05:24 PM
Ha ha, oops. I guess I should have put a cap on gas and specified only concert tickets, not plane tickets. \:D
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Seattle favor? - 03/07/09 10:45 PM
wow, you must really want one of these things! If it doesn't work out maybe one will end up on ebay after the tour.
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/08/09 02:35 AM
I do want one. Hopefully it doesn't come to eBay. I'm not too optimistic about eBay because I never could track down the limited edition of their album, Frustration Plantation, which I'm sure there were way more than 30 copies of.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Seattle favor? - 03/08/09 03:27 AM
I have a friend that lives in seatle working on his Ph.D in Electircal Engineering but have kinda lost touch with him... so I guess that is of no help.
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/08/09 03:35 AM
Ha ha, still a wonderful story!
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/10/09 03:46 PM
Well, I was hoping someone could go to the Seattle show, but here are all of the tour dates. I'm not sure how she's allocating the 30 copies, as in, if she'll let them sell out at the first show, or if she'll only sell like 5 per show. Would anyone want to go to one of the other shows?

March 23 Seattle, WA Neumo's
March 24 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater
March 25 Eugene, OR WOW Hall
March 26 San Francisco, CA The Independent
March 28 San Diego, CA The Casbah
March 29 Los Angeles, CA The Troubadour
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Seattle favor? - 03/10/09 05:44 PM
Maybe you could send an email to someone affiliated with the show and ask how they will be distributed?

Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/10/09 06:15 PM
Good idea. I'll send some emails around and see if I can get any kind of response.
Posted By: Murph Re: Seattle favor? - 03/11/09 02:26 PM
Wow, Just 30 CDs? That is a Ridiculously Limited Edition.

Even if someone makes it to a show for you, I wonder what the odds of procuring one would be.

Anyways, Good luck, wish I could help but since you have ruled out air travel, I guess I'm out.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Seattle favor? - 03/11/09 03:59 PM
My guess is that there will be people camping out for these things.
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/11/09 04:01 PM
I'm not really sure how much of a rabid fanbase Rasputina has, but I sure hope it's realistic to think I could get ahold of one.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Seattle favor? - 03/11/09 07:03 PM
I don't even have a clue who you are talking about... so maybe your right!
Posted By: Murph Re: Seattle favor? - 03/12/09 12:33 PM
Normally I wouldn't have either but one of the reasons I keep coming back to this board is because I get to explore lots of new music I never would have heard of before. I give CV full credit for getting me hooked on Cello rock.
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/12/09 04:50 PM
\:\) And Rasputina's not just any cello rock. They're "Kick-Ass Boo-Hoo Cello-Rock."
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/13/09 03:55 PM
Oh, good news. Melora says it's actually a limited edition of 100, but she only anticipates getting 30 done before the tour.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Seattle favor? - 03/13/09 04:42 PM
so when do they give out the remaining 70?
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/13/09 04:47 PM
She said they'd be on sale on the website after the tour. I'm going to guess it'll be a little while after the tour since they take time to make. I'll have to check every day so I don't miss it.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Seattle favor? - 03/13/09 05:09 PM
What, are they making them 1 at a time?

Have them call me, I'll have 5,000 ready next-day! \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/13/09 05:43 PM
Yeah, I imagine she's making them herself, one at a time. From the email that informed me about it: "Melora will be bringing along a hand-bound CD triptych, 'The Willow Tree'- 3 songs by the same title, but originating from 3 different countries!"
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/13/09 06:12 PM
Oh, and the reason I'm guessing she's doing it herself is because she makes other stuff that she sells on her website:

Melora's Handicraft Shoppe

I like how the sheet music folios are "Hand notated and guarenteed full of mistakes."
Posted By: Murph Re: Seattle favor? - 03/17/09 05:50 PM
mmmmmh, OK, but please tell me you didn't buy her perfume.
Copied directly from the site...

Melora's Rancid Brain Oil ™
A toxic oil is spreading through Melora's brain, causing headaches, cavities and skin lesions. Through a unique draining process, this disturbing substance is now available to you for use as a perfrume. The aroma of this substance is something akin to a Suffragette snacking on whiskey-soaked black licorice cords. Each bottle comes afixed with a label that is autographed by Melora.

Of course, maybe at $20, it's gotta be a bargain.
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/17/09 06:08 PM
Ha ha, yeah, I think I may actually get it at some point, just for the novelty. I don't think I'll be buying it for any woman I know to actually use.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Seattle favor? - 03/17/09 06:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
I think I may actually get it at some point, just for the novelty. I don't think I'll be buying it for any woman I know to actually use.

I saw this in the Active Topics area and just had to see what you were talking about!
Posted By: CV Re: Seattle favor? - 03/17/09 06:17 PM
\:D
© Axiom Message Boards