Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kruncher Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/18/09 06:46 PM
OK, let's see what happens with this... and if I've done it correctly.

In an effort to make it easier for the "Hearing Things" group, I've created an Axiom Audio Forum Members Map.

When you, as an existing forum member, visit the map, click the "Add" button near the top right.

You'll be presented with a dialog to submit your location, some further optional details (I used the Description to note which speakers I own), and you can even add more content on the Media tab if you'd like. Be as specific or as general as you'd like; it's up to you.

The end result of this potentially on-going exercise is that it could be much easier for new folks to hear what we know to be great sound. More sales for our dear Axiom friends benefits us all, right?

Sound like a good idea? Comments?

Providing an inventory of your house, and directions to it may not be the best idea.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't even list my exact city name on here.
Don't we already have an Axiom Google Map, created by Amie at Axiom?
There was one of these a few years ago that someone organized. It would, of course, be hopelessly out of date now....
That's much better than a "good idea" Krunch! Brilliant!!
Understood Chris. My marker isn't near my home either, but in town is good enough for this purpose. Heck, even the next town isn't bad, as you say.
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Don't we already have an Axiom Google Map, created by Amie at Axiom?

Didn't know about it Randy or I wouldn't have done it. Thinking that nobody else has found it either.
no biggy, If you look at Amie's sticky thread at the top of this section, there is a link to the Axiom Map. I suppose more wouldn't hurt. The problem with the other one is I can't figure out how to edit my information, I asked Axiom a long time ago with no reply.

I think I missed a step on ZeeMap, something about "publishing" the map. So if you've added yourself to the map, or wanted to, you might need to do it again. I've revised the original link as necessary for the "published" version. Sorry folks.

Damn map noobie.
I'm added
OK, now we're cookin' with gas. Thanks for the confirmation SirQ.
I added myself. No exact address, of course.
I see that. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
Providing an inventory of your house, and directions to it may not be the best idea.

Yeah, we did that in Canada. It's called the firearms registry. In theory the security has been fixed so that gangs are not using it so much for "steal-to-order" break-ins, but they still seem to be happening.

EDIT - added my name to the map
Count me in.
I guess the previous map isn't too hard to find.... it's listed right at the beginning of Amie's' post that lists members state-by-state. I DO remember that it wasn't Amie who started it, she just took the person up on the offer to put the link there.

Either way, as I mentioned earlier, it's several years out of date.
I added myself.
Posted By: CV Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/19/09 03:44 AM
I subtracted myself from Sean and ended up with myself, since he's twice the man I am.
That makes me wish I paid more attention in math class.
I took the liberty of marking the Axiom plant.

BTW, why is there an "8" ball covering the state of New Hampshire? \:D
Posted By: fredk Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/19/09 04:11 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
I took the liberty of marking the Axiom plant.

Did you remember to put the M80s in the rafters?
you could always put in the address to the closest police station or jail... then if someone wanted to go to your "house" to steal your speakers they would be in for a surprise!
Great idea, added myself. In typical fashion there's someone standing in the way of my balloon on the map. ERR Bridgman, you walkie \:\) !!
Oops, sorry.

Maybe zooming in closer might help. I just looked out the front door and didn't see you ;\)
Looks like Dean is standing on Sean's foot, didn't see him 'till I zoomed in a bit.
Figures. I'm wearing flip flops too.

Ouch.
Posted By: grunt Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/22/09 07:31 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Figures. I'm wearing flip flops too.

Ouch.

Yeah steel toed combat boots vs flip flops. And I even picked a different colour thinking the map would offset it a little so you could see both.
 Originally Posted By: grunt
And I even picked a different colour

Don't pick black, you'll be called an 8-ball! \:\)
Posted By: grunt Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/22/09 11:00 AM
You can’t prove I ever bought an eight ball.
Posted By: Murph Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/22/09 05:14 PM
My eight ball can prove you bought an eight ball. Wait! DOH!!
Bump, to keep thread on top.
Added myself. Was tempted to put myself on Hilton Head Island - a guy can dream...
I thought Axiom was in Dwight, Ontario, not lake of two bays???

pn
I added myself on using a Grey Marker because I don't ~actually~ own any Axiom Speakers yet. I'll change the Marker in Feb

\:\)

snazzed
Dwight is right on the northern end of Lake of Bays.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 09/30/09 09:39 PM
Whenever I hear "Lake of Bays" I immediately get "Pisco Bandito" in my head. This is not a bad thing.
Just for the record, when I entered the Town of Dwight, Zeemaps switched it to "Lake of Bays" which is the name of the Township. This includes the three communities of Dwight, Dorset and Baysville. Axiom is on the North side of Hwy 60 looking Southwards over the Northernmost bay of Lake of Bays. \:\)
I recall many pine trees. But perhaps those occur throughout Canada... \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/01/09 04:48 AM
Ba da ba dap.
Posted By: Murph Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/01/09 02:50 PM
Added. Chose "Red Dust" because the name matches our Martian like soil. Unfortunately the marker color doesn't look very red on my screen.

Posted By: fredk Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/07/09 04:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I recall many pine trees. But perhaps those occur throughout Canada... \:\)

::looks out window::
No pine trees here... ;\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/07/09 05:58 PM
We used to be an Island totally covered in huge hardwood trees. Now it's all housing or farmland with pine and spruce in between. There is still a smattering of hardwood mixed in but it's definitely the minority. Sad really. Nothing nicer than a huge 100 year old oak tree.
Oddly enough, the one thing I'll miss most if I move would be the Burr Oak I planted in the front yard about 18 yrs ago. The squirrels and blue jays love it more than I do though \:D . Every year they're fighting over the acorns!
I've planted trees, too. Now, the squirrels fight over my nuts.
Posted By: alan Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/07/09 06:23 PM
Potty talk alert!

No-one fights over my nuts anymore, sigh. . .
Not even gravity?
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Now, the squirrels fight over my nuts.
Ground squirrels?
Posted By: alan Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/07/09 06:35 PM
Adrian and pmbuko,

First huge laugh I've had today!
Posted By: HAY Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/10/09 03:19 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Not even gravity?

Excellent Peter, reminds me of this
Posted By: fredk Re: Attention fellow Axiomites: Where are you? - 10/10/09 07:50 AM
\:D Too funny Hay!
Cool idea, I'm in.
Kruncher,
I have added my info but am now having second thoughts about giving my specific info & a map to my location. How can I edit the entry to be less specific regarding location?
Thanks
Please check your private messages Orwellian. Thanks.
OK, who's the wise-acre that added Santa in the North Pole?

\:D \:D \:D
© Axiom Message Boards