Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/16/10 08:44 PM
Subaru is running a new ad with a sweet voice gal who sings "I love you, I do ..." What a voice!!!

I like the new Jeep background music to their ad.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/16/10 08:47 PM
People… they watch commercials? Willingly?

Really?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/16/10 08:52 PM
Not TiVo owners....
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/16/10 11:49 PM
There used to be a Tab commercial that I loved.
Posted By: DaMagicman Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 01:10 AM
PVR is a god send...skipping commercials..is the way to go except during super bowl
Posted By: medic8r Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 02:09 AM
+1
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 04:40 AM
Watching commercials is like watching live TV. I haven't done either in years since we went Dish DVR...
Posted By: grunt Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 05:03 AM
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Subaru is running a new ad with a sweet voice gal who sings "I love you, I do ..." What a voice!!!

I like the new Jeep background music to their ad.

You been watching “Demolition Man” I got a kick out of the hottest radio station being the one that played old commercial jingles.

Can’t say I have a favorite jingle, usually it’s a real song made into a commercial like “Happy Jack” and the H2 commercial, or “Watch Us Work It” for the Dell commercial.

No most of my life is commercial free since I had DirectTV disconnected. Haven’t found a way to skip the commercials on Hulu but then I haven’t looked either. Also the occasional Blu-ray doesn’t let me skip the previews which really pisses me off, especially with “Clash of the Titans.”
Posted By: a401classic Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 08:09 AM
Originally Posted By: grunt
[ Also the occasional Blu-ray doesn’t let me skip the previews which really pisses me off, especially with “Clash of the Titans.”

Try the forward-next chapter " >| " button. You should be able to more quickly go through the previews without watching the whole thing. I hate not being able to get to the menu when I want to.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 02:22 PM
What's a commercial?
Posted By: grunt Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 03:20 PM
Thanks but on the movies I’m talking about all of the menu buttons and forward chapter button aren’t functioning during some or all of the previews. Often I can still FF through them but it drops out of FF mode at each chapter (preview/commercial) break. I’ve had a very small percentage of standard DVDs like that, such as the Star Trek: TNG which thankfully don’t have previews but the disk intro can’t be skipped. Just seems more prevalent on the Blu-rays I’ve watched.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 04:39 PM
All those previews were the number two reason I started copying DVD's. I could eliminate all that junk and just have the movie or movie and menu if I so desired. I now need a BR writer for the PC to do this and the cost of the writer and blank BR discs is quite prohibitive, so I FF/CH+ through what I can.
Posted By: grunt Re: Great Jingles and Ad Music - 09/17/10 05:01 PM
Ya Jay I’m in the same boat as you. When I rip DVDs I leave out most of the crap but BD is still to expensive to justify going that route for me.
© Axiom Message Boards