Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Digi24 Anyone with M80,VP180 setup in Chicago Area? - 01/30/11 03:32 AM
Hello All, I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to Decide between the (Verus Grand Tower and Center speakers), (Polk RTI A9, CSI A6) or the Axiom M80,VP180 speakers... My theater will be 100% movies and games. Problem is, I need to hear the speakers before making this large investment... If there is anyone in the Chicago area that can please let me hear your M80/VP180 setup? I live in Naperville(west of Chicago)

Thanks!

Aaron
Aaron, welcome. If you check the Illinois listings at the beginning of the audition thread at the top, you'll see M80 listings for Wilmington and Huntley. Very few users have VP180s at this time(one is listed), so you won't necessarily get that combination for your audition, but it should certainly be worthwhile to hear the rest. The typical procedure is to make direct contact by email to see what can be arranged.
Welcome again Aaron, hopefully someone will chime in here for you. Or, as John mentioned you can send a PM (personal message) to the users in your area. The VP180 is new and not many have them yet, but I can tell you I love the one I just purchased, killer sound and a perfect match for the 80's.

For me I've always considered Polk to be a retail brand speaker, like Klipsch and Infinity. Although they sound pretty good, I am not sure they would be in the same league as Axiom, Paradigm, etc. and companies that have many decades of research and considered audiophile brands.
Posted By: Wid Re: Anyone with M80,VP180 setup in Chicago Area? - 01/30/11 05:51 PM

I'm in Wilmington with M80Ti and VP 150 if you're interested.
© Axiom Message Boards