Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cgolf There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 04/11/11 12:47 PM
Just had to share a couple of changes that have happened in the cgolf family over the past month or so.

First--My brother has owned his current system since around 1993 and his speakers were none other than--drum roll--Bose cubes.... cry

He's heard all of my different systems over the years and I've been telling him about what speakers and separates could do for him, etc, etc. About 4 months ago he decided that he would start thinking about and looking into getting some different speakers and electronics. After much discussion, he finally pulled the trigger on a pair of M60s, a new Onkyo receiver and Emotiva amp and a new TV.

We hooked it all up, calibrated everything and for the past 2 weeks all I have heard from him is "I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! laugh He loves his M60s so much that yesterday he told me he was going to order a pair of M3s on wall for his computer room to replace another set of, drum roll-Bose cubes!!! smile

So, my point is that there is always hope, even for the most die-hard Bose fans.......

Second thing. I've owned most all the Axiom speakers but defected a year ago to Swan 6.2s. Yes, I had a nervous breakdown and fell apart...... sick But alas, last week I finally sold them and have now put in an order for another set of M60s..... They arrive this Friday..... smile
Posted By: J. B. Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 04/11/11 02:01 PM
such are the hardships of life when there is no love.

often people don't even realize it's missing, until the day that love hits them right in the face, sorry, i should say "in the ears", and then they exclaim "i love it, i love it, i love it!".

if i was your brother, i would just send the Bose back to the factory so they can recycle them for making new ones.
Great story, cgolf.
Posted By: jakewash Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 04/12/11 02:42 AM
Thanks for sharing, that was a good story and welcome back to the Axiom family.
Posted By: cgolf Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 04/19/11 12:50 PM
Just to conclude this story. My brother has now bought a pair of M3 on wall for his computer room to replace another set of 1993 Bose. Last night he had one Bose and one M3 hooked up and he and a friend were both freaking out at the difference. grin His friend couldn't believe how good the M3 sounded over the Bose. I could..............

So now the M3s are in his computer room and I must say that they look and sound awesome!!!!! laugh

My 60s have arrived and have been set up and calibrated in the media room and they sound so much better than the Swans did. Crisper, tighter and much better bass.

Hmmm, should I now go for some 80s?????? eek
Posted By: SBrown Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 04/19/11 09:43 PM
We told you! laugh
Funny thing since a friend of mine also wanted a Bose system so much. I have always asked him to come listen to my system that is not as good as yours but I believe he would have liked. Last week after he came for a dinner party we went to the HT room and he was really impressed. Everytime I mentioned Axiom in the past he would always tell me he wanted a Bose system, LOL. After the dinner he was even asking me about everything about the speakers. First word coming out of his mouth when the system was plugged on was wooooooow. LOL Sad thing he is just buying a house now, so no money left to get some Axioms. Sorry for sharing my story here, but just wanna let you know something very alike happened to myself.
Posted By: cgolf Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 04/25/11 09:56 PM
Great story. Similar to mine. I love to hear how people finally "get it" and realize that their systems really aren't very good at all. It's like most things, we don't know what we don't know until we finally know. grin
Posted By: Reeses Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/03/11 03:49 AM
This funny story continues ... I'm the one that had the Bose speakers and switched to Axiom. A friend of mine came over the other night to help me install my M3's and said that he had bought a $150 Panasonic system that had incredible sound and was curious to see if my Axioms sounded as good as his system (yes, he was serious). Needless to say he was blown away by the sound! Also, my M3's arrived on different days, so just for fun we hooked up one M3 and one Bose 101 to hear the difference and WOW!! Even my friend could tell a huge difference and asked "now what kind of speakers are these again???" So yes, there really is hope .....
Posted By: JohnK Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/03/11 04:24 AM
Welcome to Axiom! Yes, the power of advertising is immense, but "The most respected name in sound" finds that the respect is quickly lost when actual quality sound is heard.
Posted By: bruceg Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/08/11 02:48 PM
Back in 78 I bought A Sansui & some monster Technics. Loved em. Moved to smaller house in 86, bought a Carver & a set of bose cubes/w sub. Must have been nuts because I ended up with 3 sets.
I read about Axioms & bought a set of M80s about 6 yrs ago. Wow.
Them came the EP500 , QS8s & Vp150. I tried to give all the bose away but my buddies said they didn't make good boat anchors.
All went to the dumpster.
Posted By: J. B. Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/08/11 05:45 PM
when one is used to the sound of small portable am radios, i guess the Bose sounds good, but i can't be sure, never owned a Bose;
maybe i should...
Posted By: bruceg Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/09/11 12:12 AM
Maby somone wil send you some as a gag gift.
Posted By: bridgman Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/11/11 02:48 AM
I have a Logitech speaker system for my PC which has front and rear speakers roughly the size of Bose cubes. It also has about a million wires & plugs. Occasionally I decide to move the PC to a different part of the house and hooking up the speakers is always more work than everything else put together.

Sometimes I wonder what all the little speaker cubes would look like dangling from the trailer hitch of my truck and bouncing down the road into town.
Posted By: bruceg Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/11/11 03:04 AM
I bought a set of wireless Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for my laptop & I'm really liking them. Hope this isn't advertising.
Posted By: bdpf Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/11/11 03:19 AM
I have the wired version and are good enough for the money (I only paid $100 used)
Posted By: bruceg Re: There really is hope for Bose owners!!! - 05/11/11 03:25 AM
Every now & then I have to shut these off & restart. Resinc I guess. Pain in the a
© Axiom Message Boards