Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tomtuttle Wining with Michael_D - 09/13/11 08:24 PM
No pix, but I did want to thank and salute our Alaska brother for a very memorable day about a week or so ago.

Mrs. Tuttle and I met Mike and his charming SO in the Willamette Valley for an afternoon of tasting Pinot Noirs. We followed that up with an amazing dinner at the mushroom-savvy Joel Palmer House.

It was a really great day, and I want to thank Mike again for taking the time to share the experience and his knowledge with us. We had a lot of fun, and I eagerly look forward to our next visit, whenever and wherever it is.

Salut, my friend.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Wining with Michael_D - 09/13/11 08:39 PM
Sounds like you had an amazing time. You're batting 1000 on the Axiom Forum connect-o-meter. smile
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Wining with Michael_D - 09/13/11 08:56 PM
And leading the league in Home Runs.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Wining with Michael_D - 09/13/11 09:49 PM
Also in OBP....on beer percentage.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wining with Michael_D - 09/14/11 12:36 AM
I read this title as "Winning with....." and thought you guys entered a race considering the cars you have smile
Posted By: CV Re: Wining with Michael_D - 09/14/11 06:52 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of Charlie Sheen.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Wining with Michael_D - 09/14/11 07:26 PM
It was a long over do get together Tom. I'm glad we finally were able to make our schedules work. That dinner was killer. I liked it better than the Painted Lady, which is supposedly, the area's top place to eat.

I had no idea Pinot Noir could vary so much from winery to winery and also with each winery's different vineyards. I've always like the varietal, but was a bit concerned that tasting too much of it would saturate my pallet. Even after 20 or so wineries during our four days in the valley, I was still excited to try the next winery. I plan to go back and hit a few more wineries in the near future.
© Axiom Message Boards