Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bray Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/28/11 10:05 PM
Due to start shipping Nov.4th.
If you peeps didnt already know.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 12:58 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for it on Amazon.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 04:05 AM
Now I have to get this CD and DSOM to justify buying an Oppo. smile
Posted By: bray Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 05:38 AM
I think it was ajax that once said, "I want it" is justification enough. Or something like that.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 12:04 PM
I wish more bands were still releasing on DVD-A or SACD.
Posted By: Henry66 Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 03:12 PM
Note that the Immersion Box comes with:

DISC 5 - BLURAY:

-AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, James Guthrie 2009 5.1 Surround Mix (previously unreleased) high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit

-AUDIO: Wish You Were Here, Original stereo mix (1975) mastered in high resolution audio at 96 kHz/24-bit

Posted By: Adrian Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 03:44 PM
DSOTM is excellent on SACD, WYWH should be likewise. Looking forward to getting it.
Wish You Were Here is my favorite PF release...
Posted By: fredk Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 08:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
DSOTM is excellent on SACD, WYWH should be likewise. Looking forward to getting it.

What will sacd do to improve on the already impecable sound of WYWH?

I enjoyed the DSOTM sacd, but again, the original was stunningly well recorded. In fact, the recording was much better than most systems of the day were capable of reproducing. My first experience with a true Hi fidelity system was listening to DSOTM in the sweet spot. Compared to the getto blaster I owned at the time it was a mind blowing experience.
Posted By: bray Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 10:49 PM
Ditto Mark.
If the 5.1 is mixed as well as DSOTM I look forward to "One of These Days" (I'm going to cut you into little pieces)."Seamus" should be nice too.
BTW...PreOrdered here http://store.acousticsounds.com/c/4/SACD
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 10/29/11 11:00 PM
Very, very good album. Thanks for that info!
Posted By: davidsch Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/02/11 11:51 AM
Originally Posted By: bray
Ditto Mark.
If the 5.1 is mixed as well as DSOTM I look forward to "One of These Days" (I'm going to cut you into little pieces)."Seamus" should be nice too.
BTW...PreOrdered here http://store.acousticsounds.com/c/4/SACD

I pre-ordered from Acoustic Sounds as well. I read today that this item would be available Nov. 8th. Man, I hope this release does not get pushed back any further as I really would like to have it by Thanksgiving.
Posted By: Andrew Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/03/11 04:53 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk

It will get us that much closer to the sonics of the mastertape, which we all hope is still in good shape. The CD versions over the years, including the latest "Discovery" edition, are all lacking IMHO when compared to the original UK vinyl. Personally I'm not interested in the multi-channel mix, although the original quad version is interesting.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/03/11 07:40 PM
The band is just fantastic, that's really what I think.

Oh! btw, which one's Pink?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/03/11 09:29 PM
I've got some bad news for you sunshine...
Posted By: fredk Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/05/11 05:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew
Originally Posted By: fredk

It will get us that much closer to the sonics of the mastertape, which we all hope is still in good shape. The CD versions over the years, including the latest "Discovery" edition, are all lacking IMHO when compared to the original UK vinyl. Personally I'm not interested in the multi-channel mix, although the original quad version is interesting.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I'm rather surprised that CD releases would not be produced to the quality of the original master since it should not be hard to do.

Are all of the CD releases really of lesser quality?
Posted By: bray Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/13/11 06:55 PM
Got it! Love it!
Which one, Brady?
Posted By: bray Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/14/11 11:44 PM
Wish You Were Here sacd
Wish you were here track (#4) is fantastic.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/15/11 09:18 PM
Now that I just received my new Oppo BDP-93 I will definitely pick up a copy WYWH smile
Posted By: onn Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 11/16/11 12:48 PM
Listened to WYWH sacd last night. Since this is my favorite Pink Floyd album I really enjoyed it. I had the Axioms cranked up to -17.5. I've got to find my cd version so I can compare the 2 but on my first initial listen I vote for the sacd.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 09/11/12 01:26 AM
*sigh*...since my 60gb PS3 died I no longer have SACD capability. frown
Posted By: Murph Re: Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" sacd - 09/11/12 11:45 AM
I miss my old 80Gb too. I don't know which bothers me worse. That they took away SACD support or that they cut the number of USB ports back to two instead of four.
That is really fantastic....
© Axiom Message Boards