Axiom Home Page
Had a good look around inside while i had it all apart. Very Interesting .
Changed drivers?
roger that, 8 of em
Did you have a problem with them or upgraded to V3's?
Axiom has been sending out V4 drivers to everyone to test free of charge. You didn't get yours? wink
Ian's going to hear about this!!!!
you must not have gotten the news letter that was in with the pre pre-order of the vp 160, bummer dude.
I have 80 v2's but you can't just swap out the drivers, you have to replace all the guts inside as well. Unless, your V2's were late model runs which already were basically V3s.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Changed the driver's on the M80's Tonight - 01/04/12 02:09 PM
Sure you can. It just probably won't be a big improvement. In fact, when I talked to Axiom about buying some replacement v2 mids, they said that I shouldn't worry about a big difference in sound between the v2 and the replacement v3.

I'm guessing most of the improvement is in the crossovers, maybe the tweeters.

As I recall, Socketman wanted the black center drivers, so I'm guessing that's why he was swapping them.
Ken is correct. i ordered V2's and for some reason they showed up with V3 drivers. JC quickly agreed to replace them and air freighted the drivers up to me.Every thing else i have is v2 ,though it is a bit petty, i really wanted the to match.
With all the controvery over at a certain website i took the time to inspect the inards and i was in no way dissappointed with what i saw. Even snapped a couple pics.
Pics? Did someone say pics?

© Axiom Message Boards