Axiom Home Page
Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year!
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year! - 01/30/12 04:59 PM

How can that be; I read they know nothing about speaker design. LOL

Congrats to the whole crew at Axiom.
I've heard Axiom speakers are bright, is that true?
I heard they need extensive breaking in and only work properly with high powered external amps and expensive wire.

They also work better when you replace the crossovers.
Where are you guys hearing all this Axiom information from?

I've never even heard of Axioms.

Come to think of it, where am I? And who the hell ARE you people?
Congratulations, now where are the CES photos hiding?
Congrats Axiom!
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
I've heard Axiom speakers are bright, is that true?

Believe it or not, that is how I ended up with my Axiom setup. While doing my research I kept reading about how bright Axioms were, yet there were so many happy owners out there not suffering from listening fatigue. My instincts told me something was not right, so I figured there must be other variables involved.

Having personally experienced speaker brightness as a result of poor room acoustics and poor quality source material, I was willing to bet that the speakers themselves weren't actually the problem. I wanted to see for myself so I decided to try them out knowing I could return them within 30 days. Needless to say, I never did. Love the sound, crisp and clean, not too bright nor fatiguing in the least. smile
With all the speakers available i truly find this to be an outstanding feat. Congrats the Ian and his team at Axiom.

Oh and my livingroom is the home equivelant of a hand ball court and neither i nor my family find them bright.
i love those tweeters from Axiom; their sound is "just right".
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year! - 01/31/12 06:08 AM
Congratulations to Axiom. I really need to start upgrading to v3 and try out the VP180 in anticipation of the mystery device. I'm sure my dad would appreciate it, too, since he'll get the hand-me-downs.
Congratz Axiom!! More well deserved recognition.
Posted By: GTZ Re: Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year! - 02/01/12 01:42 AM
Congrats Axiom, well deserved.
Couldn't happen to a nicer company, congrats.
Posted By: Jc Re: Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year! - 02/01/12 10:46 PM
Another great review for the Axiom M3v3 from a musician oriented magazine . . .
http://performermag.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/1202-web.pdf#page=29
Nice little review, JC. It looks like an interesting document, but Axiomites might want to jump straight to the good part. wink
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year! - 02/02/12 12:05 AM
Thanks for the more targeted teleportation, Kruncher.
Posted By: Jc Re: Axiom wins SoundStage! Product of the Year! - 02/02/12 01:40 PM
Thanks Kruncher, I should have double checked the link; lesson learned ! I'll correct it. ASAP

Now corrected !
I bought my first Axioms, a pair of M3s about 10 years ago, thanks to a Soundstage! review. I love my Axioms, but I have a feeling that some review sites run advertorials rather than pure call em as they see em reviews.
I've been loving Axiom speakers since 2004!
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
I've been loving Axiom speakers since 2004!

Oh yeah? Well _I've_ been loving Axiom speakers since last Wednesday! So there.
© Axiom Message Boards