Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds Super High Quality Jazz CD Recording - 09/20/21 11:43 PM
Hello everybody

I've been listening to a beautifully recorded jazz CD you may want to check out. Autumn in Seattle. I think it is a Japanese 32 bit recording, on the FIM label. Japanese jazz artists I never heard of, the best jazz CD I've ever heard. Music is beautiful, not frenetic. Musicians are real artists.

I just checked Amazon. It should be a great recording. I was shocked to see these CDs are going for $150+. I sure don't remember ever paying anything like that for any CD or LP for that matter. Should rub your leg. Very pricey, but really superb.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Super High Quality Jazz CD Recording - 09/22/21 07:40 PM
Thanks 2x6 for sharing this.

In the spirit of your thread here’s one I found ( it’s just a Spotify 320k version ) but…..it’s really cool.

Here’s a great track I found by accident.

Metropole Orkest…Jazz Infusion Orchestral. ( I just made that up for a genre…!). Check it out.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6rWra5WH2ZjfQgAer0oOo5?si=0tZBR2dDQ6qg-fGXedLGKQ&dl_branch=1

I have no idea who or what the group is really. It’s a live recording I believe. It’s superb. The BLAAAT of the horns is insane! The kick drum is surreal. And it’s super dynamic. Wow. There’s a ton of music and playlist with this orchestra. Enjoy.

Also posted to the “ What are you listening to tonight “ thread.
Posted By: Kodiak Re: Super High Quality Jazz CD Recording - 09/22/21 07:48 PM
Oh , 2x6 the CD you mention, must need an SACD player to render that correct? Or a transport to a capable 32 bit DAC I guess would work too.

What DAC are you using? Or how are you playing that?

Cheers.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Super High Quality Jazz CD Recording - 09/22/21 11:03 PM
Hi Kodiak

This is a CD! I think it'll play on any CD player. I wouldn't pay $150+ for any CD. Glad I got it when I did. Didn't know what I had until I finally opened it up and gave it a listen the other day. Best I've ever heard.

Haven't gotten around to listening to any SACDs on the SA10 yet. I'll report on the big Marantz pretty soon.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Super High Quality Jazz CD Recording - 09/23/21 11:26 AM
Jazz at the Pawnshop has always been a fave of mine for listening to new equipment
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Super High Quality Jazz CD Recording - 09/23/21 06:33 PM
I'll get me one BBIBH. Thanks
© Axiom Message Boards